Damn lincolns speech!!! (1 Viewer)

macca202

Did anybody do speeches for that conversation question???
i only studied 3 speeches, and NOT lincolns speech. i even called the HSC advice line and they did not think a speech would be specified. Lucky though my school 'riverview' asked the same speech so i remembered a bit. But who cares, its over!!!!!!

EXA BOY

i dont do speeches, but i used "i have a dream" for powerplay..... its such a kickass speech!!! so many techniques to talk about!!!! i only talked about 5 of em but theres heaps more!!!

macca202

Still no-one does speeaches. i just realised only one out of every 10 'views' submits a reply. Maybe people are not registered. just click on post reply and it will show you where to sign up. No exams untill monday, yes!. 4 unit maths, damm it.

Spike

i did speeches and i abosulty failed it...

i did martin luther king and lincoln

i did a black and a white aggreeing that like speech but for difernt types of things...

very stupid idea but i had 15 minutes and it was all i could think off

ye i did speeches and it fricken suked,i spent a shitload of time last night studying the effects and lasting relavance speakers had on their intened audiemce and then this shit how stupid and prevers can they be by asking you to draw up an imaginery conversation when i read the question i just wanted to eat the fuken paper i only did like 2.5 fukn pages anyway the whole topic on speeches is way too difficult :mad: :chainsaw:

Spike

yeah i spent forever studying context.... and rhetoric teckniqes...

didnt really help i mean the techniqes didnt go astray but the context was a no show...

I do speeches, and I fully talked about technique
I made my convo b/w two teachers teaching the course, and so that let me get away with alot IMO

Anyway, how could you NOT have studied Lincoln's speech?!
It was SO obvious that that would be specified! i mean, following sep. 11 and the delivery on sep. 11 and all

HSC_SCHMACHSC

i do speeches. i think it's screwed. i was trying so hard to learn 12 speeches, it was so much work and it took so much time away from studying my other english stuff. when it came down to it i kinda lost it a bit ... tried to talk about technique and whatever but missed the structure bit entirely.

at least it wasn't an essay!

I actually would've preferred an essay, it gives me a specific structure to follow.
I always feel clumsy writing things like conversations/personal letters/diary entries.

NATMAN

Originally posted by macca202
yeah macca202, it totally agree with you. But seriously, doesn't anyone do speeches for module B????
Macca... you're insane. You should've asked me instead of asking the HSC advise line! And you should have lived in the boarding house as well... we had a discussion with Mr Ryback as to which ones that were possible to come up in the exam! :)

NATMAN

Originally posted by HSC_SCHMACHSC
i do speeches. i think it's screwed. i was trying so hard to learn 12 speeches, it was so much work and it took so much time away from studying my other english stuff. when it came down to it i kinda lost it a bit ... tried to talk about technique and whatever but missed the structure bit entirely.

at least it wasn't an essay!
I indeed prepared an essay... I'd prepared a very good essay with structured paragraphs and stuff... but the question asks for an interview :( damn!!!

Plus i ran out of time!!!! I had about 5 minutes to talk about my 3rd speech, so i said... 'So, because we have to go now to the next lecture, what is the essential feature of the third speech' And i jotted down the features in dot points.....

I wish I could write faster... and faster and faster.... :(

SamCD

HSC
I do speeches aswell, and it was pretty obvious that if they were going to specify a speech, it would have been Lincolns'. In the specimine paper they specified a speech, so it was possible. I feel sorry for the person earlier who said the HSC Advice Line told them a speech wouldn't be specified, if they had half a brain they would have looked at the Spec Paper and seen that, oh, yes, they CAN specify a speech.
Ithought the speeches topic was good, but there were too many speeches to learn, and many of them were crap and had no real subject to talk about:apig:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)