Dates (1 Viewer)

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Hey guys, need help on this one. I'm wondering if it is too formal (by today's standards) to just ask someone out on a date at this age? As in, to go to the movies, or have lunch together or anything like that. It's just that it seems to me that this gesture would be so unfamiliar that it may be misunderstood to just mean hanging out together as friends :confused:. Thanks

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
nah not really. Dating isnt dead, but it isnt done all that much these days.

tussitussa

HSC
N/A
Mark576 said:
Hey guys, need help on this one. I'm wondering if it is too formal (by today's standards) to just ask someone out on a date at this age? As in, to go to the movies, or have lunch together or anything like that. It's just that it seems to me that this gesture would be so unfamiliar that it may be misunderstood to just mean hanging out together as friends :confused:. Thanks
It's not too formal. Even if it were formal, that's not necessarily bad. You get the "excitement" from the added awkardness.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
You can have a date without actually calling it a 'date'. Like "do you want to go see blah movie" instead of "do you want to go on a date".

michael1990

HSC
GO FOR IT...

Woman would love being asked to actually go somewhere, but do it by phone not SMS.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
How about in person?

For realz, serious advice.

Don't ask someone out to a movie or something hectic like that straight away. Let your intentions be known but in a more subtle way. This creates less pressure on both of you, and if the girls not interested you can find out in a way that won't fuck you over and make it awkward.

Eg. If you're still at school, which I assume you are, ask her if she wants to catch up for a coffee after school. You can judge how it goes and work out where to go from there.

You can also work out quite quickly if shes not interested if she says she can't and doesn't suggest a solid date for when she can.

Movies are so fucking lame. It's just so people can avoid talking. If you can't talk to someone they're probably not going to make good relationship material.

boris

Banned
HSC
Yeah mang, movies are shit. Unless you're trying to get here somewhere dark so you get play with her boobies or something, in which case why not just invite her back to your bed.

Coffee or dinner, anything that gets the conversation flowing.

Fuck, just start off by asking to walk her home from school and move on from there.

Pace_T

HSC
i read in a mag once that movies is a good date coz if either one of you are too shit to keep a convo flowing (most likely)then you two can just watch the movie and thats it.. but if you go out to dinner/coffee on a first date and if it so happens that you two cant keep a convo flowing (most likely) then it WILL get awkward. go movies first, if that goes well ask her to coffee. dinner seems so desperate early on in dating, trying to impress her, yuck.

HSC
Eg. If you're still at school, which I assume you are, ask her if she wants to catch up for a coffee after school. You can judge how it goes and work out where to go from there.
Yea but I hate coffee, so it'd be more like "want to share a slurpie with me?" Just doesn't have the same class to it.

HSC
hahahha offer her father a significant dowry for her hand in marriage, then she's pretty much fucked.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
youBROKEmyLIFE said:
Yea but I hate coffee, so it'd be more like "want to share a slurpie with me?" Just doesn't have the same class to it.
Its an expression! (it doesn't mean you HAVE to order coffee) You could order a hot chocolate, milkshake, ice chocolate, juice, tea...coffee shops do heaps of things besides coffee.

Go to Max Brennar, I do not know a single girl who doesn't like it. Its a chocolate cafe (unless she hates chocolate) nothing can go wrong!

Last edited:
HSC
melsc said:
Its an expression! (it doesn't mean you HAVE to order coffee) You could order a hot chocolate, milkshake, ice chocolate, juice, tea...coffee shops do heaps of things besides coffee.

Go to Max Brennar, I do not know a single girl who doesn't like it. Its a chocolate cafe (unless she hates chocolate) nothing can go wrong!
try the lindt choclate cafe if youre rich (or pretending to be). tiramisu=orgasmic

SpinCobra

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, and order a plate of wedges while you're at the cafe, with sour cream dipping sauce..

I only said that cause thats what I'm craving for right now.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Why leap into this dating shit.

Flirt like hell. Hopefully you are smart enough to figure out whether you have a real shot at her via your flirting sessions so that when you ask her out somewhere, it's not so awkward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)