davy or von liebig?? (1 Viewer)

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
hey, i'm doing a research assignment on the development of acid-base reactions and i've come across a bit of a confusing thing....half of my textbooks/info says that it was davy that proposed the idea of replaceable hydrogen in acids, whereas the other half say it was von liebig...! who should i say it was....?? who do u think would be better to write about??
any help would be muchly appreciated...thanx!!

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
the work on von liebig isnt required in the syllabus. So i would ignore his work. I read that it was Davy suggested that acids contained replaceable hydrogen which could be partially or totally replaced by metals.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
the work on von liebig isnt required in the syllabus. So i would ignore his work. I read that it was Davy suggested that acids contained replaceable hydrogen which could be partially or totally replaced by metals.
Actually if von liebig actually did propose the theory you could say it was him and they couldn't mark you down, as long as you had evidence to support it. Its the same with all science subjects, you can contradict the syllabus, but you require evidence so sometimes its best not to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)