debate: stagflation or phillips curve theory on short answer questions? (1 Viewer)

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
wtf r u on about... it WASNT rising unemployment and inflation... it was rising unemployment and lowering inflation... if it was rising unemployment AND inflation then it wud hav been staglfation but it wasnt.

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
nono...what i meant was Stagflation is both rising unemployment and inflation

but since in this question unemployment is rising by 5% each year whereas inflation went from 2% down to 0.98% it is NOT stagflation

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
skypryn said:
so - here is the optimum answer. Phillip's curve does describe falling rate of inflation and rising UE. no question. you may get SOME marks for answering stagflation, but having said that it is not correct.
I answered with Phillips. If you read my above post you would have seen what i said. (which happens to be exactly what you said).

matt_f64 said:
except inflation wasnt rising u twit... if u hadnt notice that as u go along the curve, inflation falls obviously.. how can anyone get this kind of question wrong...
Actually, youre the moron, for not reading my earlier post *see above*

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
I

Actually, youre the moron, for not reading my earlier post *see above*
nah i don't really care about earlier posts. i read the thread, get the gist of what everyone's saying. you know what you wrote in the exam and if it's right well you've got nothing to worry about

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
i dont realy care wat u sed earlier or wat u wrote in the exam.. u sed somethin stupid, whether u meant it or not, u shudnt hav sed it if u are so sure u got it rite in the exam..

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
matt_f64 said:
i dont realy care wat u sed earlier or wat u wrote in the exam.. u sed somethin stupid, whether u meant it or not, u shudnt hav sed it if u are so sure u got it rite in the exam..
Irony......

And again, read the post dropkick.

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
no irony..... i read ur POST dropkick.. and u made a sack of urself so now ur trying to cover urself.. just admit it and get ova it and move on.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
matt_f64 said:
no irony..... i read ur POST dropkick.. and u made a sack of urself so now ur trying to cover urself.. just admit it and get ova it and move on.
The irony is that you call me a moron, yet post like a child with downs syndrome, which makes me question your intelligence.

I also don't need to play keyboard warriors over the internet with someone who doesn't actually read people's posts earlier in the thread, then tries to 'OMGPWNZ)R' them - I get enough of that shit in the news and pols forum.

Now kindly crawl back into the woodwork where you came from newblet.

coroneos

the relationship was clearly an inverse philips relationship tied together by expansionary macroeconomic policy.
increase in AD => demand-pull inflation but a decrease in unemployment.
This means there is a trade off between the two economic objectives of full employment and price stability.

HSC
neo_o said:
The irony is that you call me a moron, yet post like a child with downs syndrome, which makes me question your intelligence.

that post really shows that he has down syndrome, those words that he typed reveal exactly who he is and what he is like lol

bloody children

and yeh shit i put stagflation but i know its wrong now i didnt bother calculating the inflation rate coz i was in a hurry stupid me, oh well all they really wanna know is that u have knowledge of inflation, and i think putting stagflation shows a bit of that, so no doubt they'll still give some marks for that. I dont really care seeing as i killed the rest of the short answers and essays

Last edited:

username

HSC
LOL i put stagflation without calculating the inflation rate. Silly me, ahh well, i wanted to no despite having said inflation is rising, will i still get some marks since i showed some sort of relationship and referred to the table for unemployment in the correct manner. It was out of 3...??

sgt

i said short run phillips curve....and drew a tiny diagram of it, haha cuz i ran out of stuff to say....yeh inflation is falling......unemployment rising...

sweethang

Lets Partaaaay....
HSC
No, this question wasnt stagflation as with my calculations the inflation rate fell from 2% to 0.98%.. from what i can remember... therefore while the unemployment was rising, the inflation was falling therefore Phillips Curve is what i talked about...

so it wasnt staglation...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)