Derivation for Simpson's law. (1 Viewer)

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
I posted this on the temp forums but that place got trashed so here it is. Can someone provide me with a GOOD explanation of how Simpson's law was derived?

Also, I find it hard to believe that Simpson was a soldier who had nothing better to do with his time in the trenches than mathematics. Shouldn't he have been fighting for whatever it was they were fighting for?

-CHUDYMASTER-

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
REALLY?

Dang.

Do you know what his first name was?

And thanks for the derivation, I understand now. It was only a minor detail I didn't get.

Jellymonsta

Although there was a Simpson guy in the army with donkeys...
i hate donkeys. Never actually seen one, but i know they are evil. dont ask how.
anyway simpson had some donkeys; his job was to get the wounded into the field hospital - he used the donkeys to carry the injured, and saved quite a few lives this way before he got shot.
as far as i know, he was not a mathematician before the war.
but im sure there are plenty of other famous Simpsons who might have made Simpson's Law(s) :)

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Yeah, I know...

I know about THAT Simpson, he was Australian though.

I think the Simpson we're talking about is American. I could be wrong about the soldier thing however, I will investigate.

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
ERm yess...

I already checked, found nothing. But doesn't matter, I know the derivation, that's all that's important. He could've be a garbologist for all I care. I'm sick of Simpson.

EDIT : Crap, he wasn't a soldier at all! He was <GASP> A MATHEMATICIAN!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)