Design Fundamentals Portfolio Interview + Apptitude Test (1 Viewer)

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
Did any one else applied for Design Fundamentals?
I received a letter from Tafe today saying I wasnt accepted because I didnt go to the Portfolio Interview and Apptitude Test, but Tafe didnt inform me of said interview/test, and in the letter I got, it said the class is full.
A few months back, I got a letter from Tafe saying they recieved my application and confirming my details were correct and I would get notified of the outcome of my application late December, and I will need to be available at the time to accept or decline offer.
That first letter didnt say anything about contacting Tafe and all my details were correct so I didnt do anything, and now I get the letter saying Im not accepted.
Was I suppossed to call the Tafe to get the dates for the interview, or was Tafe suppossed to let me know? Coz Tafe did not let me know when the interview was going to be.
So now im applying so Fine Arts, which i seriously do not want to do, as the Tafe course I applied for, I needed it to help me get into uni, and the fine arts courses dont have anything to do with the uni course/s I want to do.
Does anyone know of anything I can do? If anyone knows anything, thanks, but I also needed to bitch and rant and get it off my chest, and this is a tafe forum etc so yeah.
-Sofe.

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
I went to the TAFE open day and picked up some information. Some courses have a design brief to get to that interview/test stage. But I doubt design fundamentals ( design cert 3 or 4? ) would require that as my boyfriend just finished design cert 4 and there was nothing like that.

I got the same 'we recieved ure application' letter and stuff. In mid to late november I recieved 3 seperate letters each detailing when to come in for various aptitude tests and to show them my portfolio. You should have got one too.

Contact the tafe you applied for straight away. If you don't get into uni, maybe there is a similar course that is still offering enrollments or you can begin as a short course mid year.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
fuck, i forgot about this thread.
well, seeing as though i created it last year and didnt come back screaming/begging for help, everything is dandy.

went to to the fine arts test/interview, got interviewed for fine arts PLUS design fundamentals. talked to the head of art dept. and he said my letter didnt get sent to me as the office screwed up my address on the envelope.

so far, ive got into to design fund. lll. got a letter of confirmation saying i made it via late entry tests.
all i have to do is go to enrollment day now.

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
rofl I so didnt notice :p must wear glasses more often!

no1 uses the bloody tafe forum enough! every1 is like uni obsessed here :p

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
la... its cool.
screw applying for uni, its too expensive for me right now.
i just go there and meet all my friends and go into lectures with them. saves me paying how ever much a year to go. plus, i have friends who skip lectures and go to the uni bar with me <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)