Design scholarships + Vis com course (1 Viewer)

Eliza B

Hey there
I was hopeing to do Design in Visual Communications at UTS in 2004. I got a UAI of 96.9 and sometimes universities offer scholarships to people who receive a UAI over 95. Would anyone know if UTS does this and how I can apply for one. Also if anyone who does the Design in visual communications course could contact me and give me further (more indepth) info about the course, that would be excellant!

Thanks
Elizabeth

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i don't think uts gives a scholarship for getting a uai over 95..

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
They do usually in Engineering, not sure about Design though. Ask at Advisory Day :).

cakes

hi
HSC
lol.. i got offered this course... i stupidly put it down in my preferences.... and don't know what it is =\
i didnt do art or design type subjects or anything, is this bad?

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
nah, it's good fun (i do it)

heaps of people in the course (about 4 out of every 10) didn't study art or design at school, and are doing it anyway... there's a theory side to it as well, it ends up about 60/40 prac/theory.

it's a really good course as far as graphic design's concerned, the theory and philosophy in it offset the practical side pretty well, whereas most other courses are almost exclusively practice-based.

give it a go, i think, especially if you enjoy creative stuff (not necessarily creative graphic/art stuff). it's pretty hard work but the course is great. good lecturers and good subjects, and you get to be in what is by far the coolest faculty at uts :D

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
and as for scolarships, i think your best bet is to ring up the DAB faculty office and ask them about it.

ring them on 95148913, or 95148978.

shelli@UTS

I haven't found any scholarships available to Viscom but I did see some offered for Fashion Textiles, Architecture and Building.

For best info on the VisCom course, go to the website:
http://www.dab.uts.edu.au/

Which year of VisCom are you in Salad?

I don't think art is a pre-req because they're patronising enough and cover all the fundamentals, although if you're aiming for HD's then it is an advantage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)