Developing a band 6 thesis (1 Viewer)

Kieran95

HSC
My teacher today was telling our class about the importance of developing a "A" range thesis in order to set up a good essay. He gave us an example for Hamlet which was towards the HSC question regarding 'struggle and disillusionment'. From memory it was something like, "Hamlet is a play concerning both struggle and disillusionment, however it is the struggle and disillusionment which permeates throughout the audiences response to play which is central throughout the play" (something like that anyway)

So basically i'm wondering, what are some other examples of an "A" range thesis. What about for belonging or frankenstein/bladerunner or The Justice Game?

Any examples would be great! Thanks!

eshay lad 69

HSC
N/A
Kieran95 is a low quality poster of the Bored Of Studies forum who lacks the abilities to make good threads. Due to his lack of skill, members of these forums lack to will to reply to his threads to give help. This is further exemplified through closely examining all of his 9 posts. This essay will compare Kieran95 to other quality posters such as eshaylad69 to determine what makes a good poster.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Pro tip #1: Learn what a thesis actually is.

SanjoyM

HSC
My teacher today was telling our class about the importance of developing a "A" range thesis in order to set up a good essay. He gave us an example for Hamlet which was towards the HSC question regarding 'struggle and disillusionment'. From memory it was something like, "Hamlet is a play concerning both struggle and disillusionment, however it is the struggle and disillusionment which permeates throughout the audiences response to play which is central throughout the play" (something like that anyway)

So basically i'm wondering, what are some other examples of an "A" range thesis. What about for belonging or frankenstein/bladerunner or The Justice Game?

Any examples would be great! Thanks!
Any GREAT thesis:
- DIRECTLY ANSWERS the question
-Incorporates and integrates an understanding of thematic concerns/overall purpose of the Module (Always refer to the module, not explicitly though)
- Ensures clarity through proper expressions and phrasing
- Is not too overly verbose - A good thesis must be succint and to the point!!

E.g. My Hamlet Thesis: Copyright 2012 lol

"William Shakespeare’s Hamlet challenges readers within the modern milieu through the portrayal of the universal contention between religious faith, social pressures and autonomous desires within the individual" - Just an example!

Just PRACTICE A LOT - moulding your response into the question and ensure that you thesis actually ANSWERS the question, then you will attain an A range, considering that you use techniques/quotes and integrate a holistic understanding of text/s within the essay.

Hope this helps!
San:D

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Pro tip #1: Learn what a thesis actually is.
+10 That is the best answer.

What some people lack is the ability to distinguish what exactly is a thesis statement. When the teachers are marking the essay, they will first look for your thesis. Make sure you show them that you have a thesis. Essentially, a thesis statement shows what you believe in & what you intend to prove. When you write a thesis make sure that it isn't a fact and make sure it isn't a definite answer, as you need to argue why your belief is correct. Remember that also your thesis statement will change depending on the question asked.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
LOL

Kieran95 is a low quality poster of the Bored Of Studies forum who lacks the abilities to make good threads. Due to his lack of skill, members of these forums lack to will to reply to his threads to give help. This is further exemplified through closely examining all of his 9 posts. This essay will compare Kieran95 to other quality posters such as eshaylad69 to determine what makes a good poster.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Any GREAT thesis:
- DIRECTLY ANSWERS the question
-Incorporates and integrates an understanding of thematic concerns/overall purpose of the Module (Always refer to the module, not explicitly though)
- Ensures clarity through proper expressions and phrasing
- Is not too overly verbose - A good thesis must be succint and to the point!!

E.g. My Hamlet Thesis: Copyright 2012 lol

"William Shakespeare’s Hamlet challenges readers within the modern milieu through the portrayal of the universal contention between religious faith, social pressures and autonomous desires within the individual" - Just an example!

Just PRACTICE A LOT - moulding your response into the question and ensure that you thesis actually ANSWERS the question, then you will attain an A range, considering that you use techniques/quotes and integrate a holistic understanding of text/s within the essay.

Hope this helps!
San:D
+1 to most of this post, although the example thesis you've given doesn't pertain strongly to the module rubric (critical study) and is written rather poorly - "challenges readers"? To do what? (Writing 'challenges readers' pre-existing BELIEFS' would've made it marginally better, albeit still too vague in many ways).

tl'dr: theses are important.

SanjoyM

HSC
+1 to most of this post, although the example thesis you've given doesn't pertain strongly to the module rubric (critical study) and is written rather poorly - "challenges readers"? To do what? (Writing 'challenges readers' pre-existing BELIEFS' would've made it marginally better, albeit still too vague in many ways).

tl'dr: theses are important.
I did not study Hamlet as Critical Study. I studied Speeches, so I donot really have aholistic understanding of the text. I wrote this one for a friend who was struggling lol
My Thesis are a bit different; however, I do not want to post and risk it being copied (I know I'm being paranoid, but it happens) :)

Kieran95

HSC
Nice attempt at trolling, maybe one day you'll actually be good at it.

P.s thank you to the helpful responses so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)