Did Anyone Else Get Higher Uai Then They Deserve? (1 Viewer)

Sydney in Australia. currently camp in bankstown
HSC
N/A
here are my raw assessment marks and ranks: chem 52%(15/15) physics 56%(13/15) ipt 77%(3/30) 2u math 80%(5/32) ext1 66% (15/18), i go to a school that is ranked around 180'ish.. i told my parents that i am expecting an uai of around 75-80, 85 at max. them were like fuk dude..u are fuked..we taught u to be a nerd all this years and earn big moneys in the future..and this is what u bring us?well...after i got my uai i was shocked....93.05... and i only got one band 6. that's esl english...my parents was like OMFG honey,,,oh..why did you have to scare us like that? we knew u can get that easily man...cause we knew u have "it" in u..hahaha..muahhaha.muuuhhahaha,,,(i never told them my trial marks or ranks)...well..i just find it hard and somewhat disturbing that a bludger like me (csing,wowing and bballing most of the time) can obtain an uai of over 90.

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
Wtffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

HSC
N/A
that almost impossible man, i rekcon they miscalculated. Haha u were a lucky one like my cousin. his the dumbest f-- int he world and ended up wif a uai of 87, not as high as u but probably a bit similar marks to u. He however went to a top ranked scool so i guess that helps u heaps

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
your raw assessment marks don't have much to do with your actual mark, you all must have done well in the hsc.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
ur forgetting the key word of this thread

band 6 in ESL.

do u understand what this means
INSTANT UAI BOOST.
93 is what u should ahve got and is what ugot.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Just feel proud and lucky that doing good in one subject saved your UAI and brought it up to where your parents would be happy....well done.

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
if this is for real then what more proof do we need that the system just doesnt work

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
im an idiot said:
if this is for real then what more proof do we need that the system just doesnt work
Well seeing as scaling in a subject is done relative to their performance in other subjects, I'm not surprised that ESL scales well.

They should just set scaling as:
Advanced > Standard > ESL

But alas, that leaves it open to other forms of rort.

Sydney in Australia. currently camp in bankstown
HSC
N/A
KeypadSDM said:
Well seeing as scaling in a subject is done relative to their performance in other subjects, I'm not surprised that ESL scales well.

They should just set scaling as:
Advanced > Standard > ESL

But alas, that leaves it open to other forms of rort.
this is bs. it should be advanced>esl>standard. which is certainly the case this year

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I was of the impression that Advanced and Standard scales the same. It's just that very few students are able to obtain a band 6 in Standard English after the aligning process.

Iago

HSC
jackanator87 said:
this is bs. it should be advanced>esl>standard. which is certainly the case this year
how does that figure we want to actually support ppl who can speak english not penalise them. esl should scale like shit.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Maybe they should just scale them all the same, i.e. advanced=standard=esl.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
lala2 said:
Maybe they should just scale them all the same, i.e. advanced=standard=esl.

that is the dumbest thing i've heard, then noone would bother doing advanced. The only reason why people do advanced is to get higher marks

lala2

Banned
HSC
Aligning of marks is different from scaling. 'to get higher marks' is to do with aligning, and I reckon that if they were all scaled the same then people would actually choose the course pertainng to their ability, without fearing the result of their UAI.

Iago

HSC
sando said:
that is the dumbest thing i've heard, then noone would bother doing advanced. The only reason why people do advanced is to get higher marks
no stupid. it's a pathway to ext subjects. adv and std scale the same anyway. moron.

starchar

HSC
I wagged so many classes in year 12...i hardly ever went to class for the last 3 months of yr 12, and the classes that i went to i just went to sleep in, or just sat there not listening and i got a fcking uai of 92.75!!!! i soooo did not deserve that!!!!!!!!! i was expecting low 80's at best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)