did i f*ck up for not drawing diagrams (1 Viewer)

HSC
i couldn't really be fucked drawing diagrams in the essays i felt i explained everything enough, although i did draw the phillips curve in question 27

would i get marked down much? if at all

sub

prolly some, but not much...i heard from my eco teacher, who marked for ten years, that they DO look for diagrams, but who can tell...marking seems to change...the most u'd prolly lose is 2

Seabiscuit

HSC
I hope not... i didn't draw any diagrams! I never draw diagrams in economics essays! And i've never been told that i've been marked down because of no diagrams. Though they are good for wasting exam booklet space...

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
you woun't get marks off unless you said the wrong stuff, they look for what you know and mark you on that. well thats what my teacher says, hewas one of them syabus designers, and one of those people people who wrote the 2002 HSC exam.

Idyll

HSC
Well, two of the exemplar samples from the 2002 HSC have no diagrams, so I guess that's a no.

Rorix

HSC
diagrams are basically just more efficient than words

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
if a diagram helps u explain the rite stuff... u get marks.
if ur writing helps u explain the rite stuff... u get marks.
so really as long as u can explain it properly ur fine!

brunette

HSC
we did an identical exchange rate essay in the trial and i got 18/20...my comments were that i was marked down for not having diagrams....since yr 11 my teacher has been like 'you must put diagrams for essays like that' so im guessing u need em BUT if u explain urself really really well u can get away with it :)

can i ask...why would u need the phillips curve for 27...it was about economic growth and inflation...where was unemployment mentioned? didnt they deal with the curve in the short answers?

HSC
^ it was about dealing with inflation and economic growth, u also write about WHY it is important to deal with these economic issues and the ramifications...inflation...can have negative effects if reduced heaps, hence, phillips curve to show low inflation constitutes high unemployment.

C

CaR

I drew 2 diagrams for the q28, the extended response....the effects of monetary & fiscal policy ;)

*Erika*

HSC
i did diagrams to briefly show how exchange rates work...

i think i probably should have done the keynsian inflationary and economic growth ones...but i thought the question was more about how they dealt with the goals using policies than the issues themselves, but pretty much everyone else in my class did diagrams on inflation and growth....

my teacher says its good to use diagrams, but if you don't explain them properly, it looks like you don't know your work, and they'll mark you down for it anyway...

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
they look for wat u know... if u can explain it by using diagrams then u get good marks.. if u can explain it using words (and figures) then u get good marks..

rumour

HSC
Seabiscuit said:
I hope not... i didn't draw any diagrams! I never draw diagrams in economics essays! And i've never been told that i've been marked down because of no diagrams. Though they are good for wasting exam booklet space...
Same!!!

I didn't need them!!!

Jiga

If you didnt do a graph its worth 1 - 2 marks. I did 5 graphs, 2 each to show how depreciation and appreacition occured, then i explained why this occurs etc etc. I also did a graph which showed how monetary policy works - dont remember why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)