Did I just sit a Bio exam? (1 Viewer)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
i agree with badlysketched... thats exactly whats going to happen to me... it was a good paper however i know there are questions i fucked up, not because i didnt know the shit but because it was a bit difficult to know what they were expecting of us.... i mean biology in general is really specific and anal with its marking... well at my school anyway... so even on the relatively easy tests people dont get great marks... i thought it was a good paper however i think that i probably have no chance of getting more than low 80's...

Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Exactly my point. It's not fair for those that knew the syllabus thoughrally and could have sat a test 10 times as difficult. I put in the hours, and for what?

yeah however at least you were safe either way... exams are not predictable.... what if you hadnt studied? you may have walked out and been like fuck i regret that!!!!!!!! people knew the syllabus... good for them... it would have paid off in one way or another.... although it was a good exam... i still think that only the top bio students which usually do extremely well will achieve the top marks... i mean i dont think someone who ISNT good at bio could go all that well.... better than normal yes... but not well

arls

i knew my stuff.... and yeah sure it coulda been harder but because i knew my stuff i could answer every question without a doubt. bio is an english based science, meant for those students who are shitty at all that maths stuff but love the subject. as far as im concerned that exam was exactly what bio is!

i know heaps of ppl were pissed... but seriously, if you didnt understand all the terms in detail that they asked, your bullshit will score a 0.. instead ppl who studied their arse off can spin bullshit that is convincing and actually get those top marks!

i think im alone on this opinion.. but i think it def will discriminate..even though its annoying that i learnt all the other shit n all..

psycho_mushy

HSC
I was like so calm and like the hall was like so quiet and I was like fuck really loud and then everyone was like what? and then I got back to work :)

Nearlyfinished!

Lacroix, Sweetie!
HSC
I wish the exam was harder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bad scaling. Bio can be a challenging subject when you think about all the stuff we are 'offically' required to know. I agree with all the people who said that most of the questions were too airy-fairy. If i wanted to talk shit i would do my ext eng exam. The blueprint of life is especially challenging for me - all that cramming for nothing!

eskimo

It's cold outside
HSC
N/A
Gayyy + EVILL!!! I did HSC Bio last yr, one yr ahead cos i thot it would be a good idea. Unfortunately, even tho i was rank 1.. i jus only finished the paper in time. Stupid Idea. How did u find thiis yr compared to last yrs paper?

holl

I agree. I learnt the syllabus and knew all the complicated concepts like protein syntheis, aldestorne, ADH, DNA replication, t cells, b cells, macrophages, neutrophils, phagocytes, proto oncogenes, the chemical changes in the blood as it moves through the body, synapses, neurotransmitters, action potential, motor neurones and sensory neurones etc etc etc. It also sucked how little space they gave you. Like for the 8 marker, they gave you less than a page where in PDHPE, we'd get a page and a half for a question like that. I thought bio required a specific and detailed knowledge of bio concepts and that you couldnt cruise through on general knowledge, and I know i would get a better mark if it was specific instead of general.

young_gurl

yeah biology should be harder!......! like other science subjects!...
but good thing we had a shit teacherZ!..cos it didnt really matter

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
last years was easier.. or at least better

yeah i came 2nd and only just finished the paper on time ... 1/2 the grade had left 1hr before the end... i don't know how they did it!
the end exam is probably why it scales so bad... their qns are so general that any dumbass can give an answer
i studied too much for that exam... what a waste of time!

Timmo

I know its a bit late now and no1 will probly read this but i rekon braindrained ash should stop bloody whinging and bitching about the exam and be happy that she thought it was easy! Whats wrong with u? U thought it was 2 easy? Perhaps all the extra study damaged ure brain or something? I dont think so, so get on with life, the xtra study could only have helped.. I loved the exam and studied heaps 2 and that only helped me..

catty

whhaattt?

what are biological concepts?? what the hell was that question supposed to be about??? heeellllpppp

lightenup

glad you feel the same way as me. The last hour was useless, and it asked wishy washy q's.

I thought it would be longer and more in depth content questions.

Also, what was with the airy-fairy 'Human Story' questions?

Geez
but it was ok i guesss..

InvisibleCola

Hell yeah. That test was way too full of meaningless q's. what was the go with that q on the electromagnetic spectrum?? hello? isnt that physics? I just hope I dun alright. My teacher was the biggest time waster ever!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by Timmo
I know its a bit late now and no1 will probly read this but i rekon braindrained ash should stop bloody whinging and bitching about the exam and be happy that she thought it was easy! Whats wrong with u? U thought it was 2 easy? Perhaps all the extra study damaged ure brain or something? I dont think so, so get on with life, the xtra study could only have helped.. I loved the exam and studied heaps 2 and that only helped me..
Maybe I am annoyed because I was totally prepared for the exam and could have answered difficult questions on numerous of the "big chunks" of the syllabus such as the kidney etc and they weren't asked. I'm entitled to my opinion, just as you are entitled to disagree. Don't imply that I am stupid or not justified in having the opinion which I hold. I understand that different people have different views on the exam, and I don't go and insult others by personally attacking them just because they have a different opinion.

I'm never going to be happy that I thought it was easy because I know I won't do as well comparitively as I would have if the exam was harder. I would have preferred an exam which further separated those who knew their stuff from those who had a vague knowledge of biological concepts and who could just crap on well. In my opinion this exam was not adequate in separating and rewarding those who had worked hard to know the syllabus in depth. However this is just my opinion, I'm not forcing it on you, I'm just expressing it, and I'm entitled to express it and I am not going to shut up just because you told me to...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)