Did we have to say which text we wrote the essay on? (1 Viewer)

OlliePOP95

HSC
I obviously said the prescribed text I used in my thesis, but I didn't put it before the start of my essay, would that be a major problem or?

crazy_paki123

HSC
yes, in my school the BOS lady instructed us to put our prescribed texts at the front with your name

Rawf

HSC
Shouldn't be a problem. It's quite obvious from the introduction and lots of other students didn't do so either.
Our supervisors didn't even tell us to do that, nor did they tell us to write what image we used for creative.

And ^you weren't supposed to write your name on the front?

Lovelyapples

Banned
HSC
I forgot to, and when they were checking she wrote it on for me.

She said all it does is that it makes it easier during sorting.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
You do NOT write your name on the booklet but our instructors told us to write the prescribed text on the booklet cover.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If you haven't written it on the front cover then when it gets to the marking centre the clerical staff will read it and try to work out which text it is. If they get the wrong text then when it reaches the marker the marker will pick it up, take it to their Senior Marker who will take it back to the clerical people who will fix it.

More work in the marking centre but not a big deal in the scheme of things.

Last edited:

sddmoustache

HSC
Wait, I think I wrote my name on the fornt of the booklet. What do they do if you write your name? Do I lose marks? I'm so scared!!!

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Wait, I think I wrote my name on the fornt of the booklet. What do they do if you write your name? Do I lose marks? I'm so scared!!!
No you would'nt lose any marks... the only thing that might happen is the markers might end up having a good laugh at your name if you've stuffed up a section :lol:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
By the time the papers reach the markers any names will have been blacked out so that the markers themselves won't see your name at all.

imbored2

HSC
I think the supervisors also fix up our papers after we leave the exam. Like the write in student numbers and stuff if we missed it anywhere

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)