Did you use pencil or pen? (1 Viewer)

Kittikhun

HSC
I had to use pen throughout all of the whole SC tests, as too my whole grade. It was gay and it sucked, especially for maths. We didn't get working out paper too which was crap. I don't know the reason why we aren't allowed to use pencil since we don't even get the papers back anyway. Crazy. Were any of you guys allowed to use pencil for any of your tests?

fwood1991

HSC
your not aloud to use pencil in the SC or HSC, i assume its to prove that all the working out you knew and stuff and weren't just copying off someone else also pen is easier to read. I cant remember if we got working out paper or not...

HSC
fwood1991 said:
your not aloud to use pencil in the SC or HSC, i assume its to prove that all the working out you knew and stuff and weren't just copying off someone else also pen is easier to read. I cant remember if we got working out paper or not...
Yah, no pen for short answer or MC.

EDIT: No PENCIL...accident =\

Last edited:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Pen is needed for MC so the computer can scan it.

As a marker I can tell you that pencil is usually much harder to read.

Blue or black pen is advisable as they don't fade and are easier to read.

Neatish handwriting also makes it easier as messy handwriting takes time to decipher and can lose marks due to the marker losing the thread of your argument. It is not a case of taking marks off but the marker not being able to actually grasp your argument properly due to spending too much time having to attempt to read the words. (Don't believe the story that if a marker can't read it they bring your teacher/you in to read it to the marker. That doesn't happen - it would be too costly and as there are candidates sitting the HSC all over the world there is the fairness issue and the time issue.) Simply put, what we can't read at the time doesn't get read and therefore doesn't get marks.

chumbumm. =D

HSC
we're suppose to use pen...
everyone had to use pen.
it sed on da instruction thing..
=D

blackratpoo

HSC
OMG! For the last section of maths the 20 marks. I was drawing the line thing in pencil as it says (draw in diagrams) and then forgot to go back to pen and did the whole section in pencil.

will i loose all my marks? :(

studentcheese

HSC
Nope. I did that too, and so did many other people. You are allowed to draw diagrams in pencil.

blackratpoo

HSC
yeah but i didnt change back to pen. hopefully they dont realise coz its pretty clear on the instructions.....You MUST use blue and black pen. but its maths!
thanks for your help guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)