Did your school tell you... (1 Viewer)

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you got told by your principal/teachers if you got in the top 5% or less of the state for an SC exam..?

I got told that I was in the top 3% for English SC.. :)
& my friend, who got 97 in Maths, got told she was in the top 2% for that exam.

I'm assuming these percentage facts reached schools when our Principals could access our results last Monday on the net.
I've seen loads of 95+ results on here, did any of you who received them get told this?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Principal didnt say anything. He only said i got Dux ;)

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Kujah said:
Principal didnt say anything. He only said i got Dux ;)
Congrats! I got Dux of my year too. But my year is only comprised of 18 students. Lol. So it wasn't hard...
next year i'm going to a different school & they have 200 in year 11. Should be a challenge ..thank god :)

timmiitippii

HSC
wow is 97 for maths realli in top 2% for state?
I got 97 but no1 has mention anything to me about any congrats...lol
I did receive a plaque from "Alpha Omega something something" for "Outstnading Mathematics Studentt of the Year" :confused::confused: ... No idea hu they are...
oh yeah just to mention i also got DUX too heheheh :)

P.S... wont be surprised if my principle doesnt contact me.. he doesnt seem to like me. (wouldn't hand over certificate for dux at graduation until i tugged a few times):)

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
timmiitippii said:
wow is 97 for maths realli in top 2% for state?

wont be surprised if my principle doesnt contact me.. he doesnt seem to like me. (wouldn't hand over certificate for dux at graduation until i tugged a few times):)
Haha, yer sorta the same with my English teacher, she hates me for some reason even though I work really hard in English. At our Speech Day, she presented me with my English award & she had this fixed, fake smile on.. You could tell we don't get along.. :p

& with maths...97 is definitely top 2%.. Only 5% of the state got over 90 in the Maths SC. State average this year was is in the 60s..I think 63.. I managed to get 73 & that's not so terrific, but still higher than 58% of the state. Yay.

How do I know these facts? My Principal is a statistics freak.. :p

James747

HSC
All year 10's have signed out so no one can know even if they wanted to...

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Do note that there are public/state schools in existence.
I'm pretty sure that statistic was formed from the results of all the Year 10s in the state who took the Maths exam, from public & private schools combined.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
James747 said:
All year 10's have signed out so no one can know even if they wanted to...
Hmm. Despreciable.
What does that comment mean, and why is that not moot?
i never signed out in year 10 (i guess it might be applicable in a 7-10 school), but in year 12 everyone signs themselves out to say that they're officially out of the school system (ie. not returning, have collected all of their marks/assignments/etc)

but even if you have signed out, there are other ways of finding this out (eg. call school, BOS site, etc)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I'm in the top 5% for English, according to BoS statistics. My other results aren't quite as impressive, but I don't really care about them. Ahaha. :p

Kujah

HSC
N/A
tamaranadine said:
Some really put effort into their work, while others still have the maturity of 5 year olds.
Some people of my year are just simply idiots. I dont why they're staying at school for :mad1:

Black Hawker

HSC
Kujah said:
Some people of my year are just simply idiots. I dont why they're staying at school for :mad1:
Well every school has idiots where you wonder why they are still at school - even selective schools.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Black Hawker said:
Well every school has idiots where you wonder why they are still at school - even selective schools.
Lol, mine is unusual. They dont attempt at doing work, they swear at their teachers, and they dont give a stuff about school. Most got Band 1s and 2s in their Sc :rofl:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Lol. Luckily, there are some smart people at my school. If there wasnt, it'd be a nightmare :p

Black Hawker

HSC
Well its a nightmare going to a selective school. Like going from first in the grade and getting scholarships to only a leadership award :(

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I've only experienced being with idiots in year 7. Luckily, the past few years, the school has placed them in lower classes :)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Black Hawker said:
Well its a nightmare going to a selective school. Like going from first in the grade and getting scholarships to only a leadership award :(
You sound like me. :( I feel your pain, buddy.

I actually love my grade, we're pretty small (120 of us) and almost every friendship group gets along with the others. It's not too clique-y and everyone is really supportive and friendly...I'll shut up now, but yeah. I love my grade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)