Differences between common and civil (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
So what ARE the differences between the common law system and the civil law system.

i put doctrine of precedent? and inquistorial and adversarial? but methinks i was wrong

dezzy

HSC
i put adversarial and inquisitorial
common = dervied from english law system and civil= roman law system.
common is based on traditional legal principles....

HSC
N/A
inquestorial is right.. it's particularly on the judge.. civil judge gets to question n examine witness n go investigate evidence themselves.. n common adverse parties jsut present case to an impartial judge that only listen n determine the sentence..

but both is adversarial.. because both system still adverse each other because they both still again each other.. trying to win the battle

ar5ena1

HSC
yeah most likely you needed adv and inqu and then one more difference for examine rules of evidence.

HSC
common deals with criminal law
civil deals with civil law cases
common - doctorine of precedent
civil - statues
common - open
civil - closed

forgot wat else i put but i forgot to put adversial and inquis :(

Tammie

i was pretty taken back by this qestion at first (got confused siilly me) n e ways i was just wondering if some 1 remembered the wording of the question did it say common law system and civil law or did it stipulate civil law systems....thanx if n e 1 can remember

pHaTso

HSC
YAY Dezzy i did that 2... n i guessed half of it. *phew* i'll get some points there then hopefully.

GB

HSC
N/A
it said something like distinguish between common n civil law system?
was it distinguish they use?.. or differentiate sumfin liek that?

Tammie

i know the question was explain or discuss the differences between a common law system and civil law (did they say civil law system) im just curious if u guys can remember

gracehowden

just me
HSC
question was: outlie the differences between the common law system and the civil law system -5marks

Tammie

whats the difference between civil law and civil law systems...or is it the same thing....i got confused and couldnt remember......

Gemstone

The civil law system is the legal system used in European countries. Civil law is just things like private law (eg. torts, property etc.)

Anyway I have a scribe so I've got a copy of the question sheet for short answer cos I took my scribes copy. So yeah here's the exact wording

'Outline the differences between the common law system and the civil law system.' (5 marks)

All I put was Adverserial and Inquestitorial and that in the civil system the judge gathers the evidence where as in the common law system the two sides gather the evidence individually.

~ Gems

Tammie

does coming 1st in assessment rank mean u get the top mark from ur skool>???

HSC
N/A
Tamekia said:
does coming 1st in assessment rank mean u get the top mark from ur skool>???

it has to be ranked first for all assessments tho.. well that's what i heard.. n im hoping its nto true coz i stuff trial. damn totally drag down my average

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)