directors..... (1 Viewer)

msmadden

Class of 2005
HSC
do we need to do promotion in directors or not? ive been focussing on all the other shit involved i didnt even think about promotion...

Peartie

HSC
The project must include:
• a 300-word rationale in the form of a director’s concept/vision (see page 32)
• a comprehensive discussion of the director’s concept/vision integrating the dramatic and theatrical elements
• descriptions and explanations of key theatrical elements, features, effects or images which contribute to dramatic meaning
• an analysis of the text and discussion of the research that has influenced the ideas for the production
• an outline of the design concepts for set, costumes and lighting
• a discussion of the approach to working with actors in rehearsal
• a statement about the intended experience for the audience

(http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/drama_syl.doc)

thats all the markers will be looking 4- extra info will be good but that is what they mark if its not there i wouldnt worry 2 much

csacky

HSC
there is no need for promotion. that has nothing to do with the folio. if you read in the hsc drama book, at the bottom of the director's folio page, its says "material that exceeds the stipulated requirements will be disregarded".

even if you were a real director you still wouldn't have to worry about it. the promotion is left in the capable hands of the design and promotion people. some directors choose to takea look at it and say whether he/she likes it or not. some directors have so many things to worry about that they just place all their trust in their co-workers.

so either way we do not have to worry about promotion.

WikiLover89

HSC
in the directors folio how detailed should you be with acting techniques, design elements and theatrical elements such as symbolism etc...?
Im only just starting mine because our teacher said it would be a good idea.
Also has any1 got any info on the morality play everyman???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)