Display? (1 Viewer)

silbi

I was just wondering if any of u were displaying ur artworks? like before it actaulli gets marked.?

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
We had a creative arts night (they glorified it by calling it "Showcase") which displayed our artworks, as well as having drama and music performance. That was the day where we could set it up exactly as we wanted it so that the next day they could mark it.

We didn't get prizes or anything... what sort of prizes were there?:)

tash

lalalala
HSC
um there was some thing like most experimental with mediums or something; most consistant throughout the yr or something (i'm really good at remembering names can't you tell)- these were for the dt people as well; and then there was most promising artist and the creative arts trophy for overall excellence and i got them! i was so happy:)

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
*cheers tash* Good job! :D

Sounds like a really good idea to have stuff like that... although I'm not sure if some people in our class would be a bit touchy about it - some of them were in a really bad mood by the time the displaying was over. :rolleyes:

Hm... may suggest that to art teacher for next year. Along with those um... people's choice? awards. They're always fun.

Ooh... and just on a tangent - what are your displaying facilities like? I mean, we had to lean ours against walls, nail them to those moving-carpet-board-things-with-wheels, and set them up on dodgy tables covered with black cloth. :chainsaw: Mine almost broke when someone knocked it. :mad:

tash

lalalala
HSC
ooh that's not good.

our display thingys weren't too bad. we had these giant wall things with little holes in them to insert the hooks or whatever so they hung nicely, or you could place them on easels if they were big enough. didn't look too bad

jaNetix

we had ou display nite aby 4 weeks ago...
me and the art teach. decided to fill the room up with white balloons..like the real installation...coz every yr we have a theme....and my class performed as the "art band"...the 'nothing' song......onw chord and same drum thing all the way thru..saying nothing....very kool..

and our works were set up wid nails int he brick walls....looked pretty good actually..cept for the poor lighting....

very good responses tho!!

still ill

apparently our teacher wasn't too ashamed of our works
he's putting them into this private gallery for display next week which will be ber cool

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)