distortion (1 Viewer)

olay

HSC
i have footage where any REMOTELY rapid movements causes the shot to look distorted.... does anyone know what causes this, or how to fix it...? or if it's just the computer i'm using??? :S i'm so ready to give up on this. :( thanks in advance....!

Lou_86

pro procrastinator
HSC
it could be that the computer ur using, trying hooking it up to a television and playing it back from there and seeing if it happens there...

also if the footage is taken inside with dark lighting or something, depending on what camera u have, u could be upseting the white balance and the screen goes a bit strange (happened on my old camera..)

Also -- dont give up!! If u cant get rid of the distortion, just say its a technique ;)

olay

HSC
thanks for the suggestions! i'm filming some more today, after avoiding touching my major work for 2 wks. :S this thing is starting to kill me, i've been in tears over it twice now. :S

Lou_86

pro procrastinator
HSC
i havent see the new videos from the showcase yet cos they havent come into our school yet [our school usually orders a few copies for us 4 unit ppl to look at]

however i thought the year before wasnt too bad, bizzare i guess.. but the main reason the videos last year were better is cos so many more ppl decided to do video -- it was in the markers notes for 2003

my video...hmmm its really strange, i really dont know how to describe it...prolly docu-drama genre i'd say...thats what my teacher classified it as!! wats urs about??

olay

HSC
you think they were better than the yr before? i loved 'little earthquakes' from the 2002 showcase far more than the two that were in the 2003 showcase. though technically speaking, that homo-erotic one was simply wow. wonder how much the equipment cost 'em!!!!

mines [for the most part] a mockumentary on barbie, with a mild crime fiction slur.

Lou_86

pro procrastinator
HSC
Originally posted by olay
mines [for the most part] a mockumentary on barbie, with a mild crime fiction slur.
that sounds like a mad idea!!have u got some comedy in it?

mine's basically focusing on a person suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder....its so screwed!! i cant see myself actually finishing it, there's just soo much editing and all that involved :S

olay

HSC
Lou_86 said:
that sounds like a mad idea!!have u got some comedy in it?

mine's basically focusing on a person suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder....its so screwed!! i cant see myself actually finishing it, there's just soo much editing and all that involved :S
aww thanks :) it's now more mocking todays "mainstream" documentarys.... - bowling for colombine + super size me in particular, and not so much a look at barbie, but a look at how they would present a documentary about barbie. :D if that makes sense. hehe my fave line is (after they made barbie forget who they were after an hr) "*sneeze* goldfish!!!" <-- don't know if that made sense to u :D but anyway.....

my friend is having that distortion prob AFTER she whacked it onto dvd AND vid.... :S i feel awful for her..... seeing it's all edited etc. anyone know what the prob could be?!!?

chriz...

hmmm...

hey there!...im doin video 2!! well..i jus read bou yo problem with the eratic movement thing/ distortion? this proli sounds stupid but are you sure that you didnt shoot the footage in a 'gainup' mode? i dunno... i purposely used the function to create that look so im thinking maybe you accidently turned it on?
juz a suggestion...

Chriz. :uhhuh:

ilovecuddles

my video is about an old man whose wife is murdered and how he expresses his grief throufgh stream of conciousness writing.

olay

HSC
chriz... said:
hey there!...im doin video 2!! well..i jus read bou yo problem with the eratic movement thing/ distortion? this proli sounds stupid but are you sure that you didnt shoot the footage in a 'gainup' mode? i dunno... i purposely used the function to create that look so im thinking maybe you accidently turned it on?
juz a suggestion...

Chriz. :uhhuh:
turns out she captured it in NTSC? instead of PAL. so take heed everyone CAPTURE IT IN PAL [though this is probably coming very late..... but for the 2005-ers!!!!!!!! CAPTURE IT IN PAL!!!!!]

oh and that problem i had.... i still don't know what the problem was? but it doesn't appear on the footage i have now :)

- L1n -

HSC
no offense to the student who made the homo erotic film , i just felt that although by all means it deserved an e4, i highly disagree it being a 50/50 product especially when u compare it to the two other videos in the showcase cd rom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)