DNA replication (1 Viewer)

~amy~

can someone explain DNA replication. Im hoping i got a few marks for this.

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
Cutting and pasting using enzyme ligase through a cutting and grafting technique. Something like that

Who's the moron who wrote about protein synthesis :sleep:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Haha i was wondering when i saw it how much people would write about protein synthesis

sgt

somethn like...

• dna is unwound by an enzyme
    dna is unzipped to form to separate strands
    1 nucleotide (base, sugar, phospate) is added to each strand
    each time 1 nucleotide is added, another dna strand is formed identical to the first

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
HAHAHA, who would write about protein synthesis? thats funny...:D:D:D
we had that same Q in the trial and heaps of ppl stuffed it up. DNA replication occurs before mitosis, when an ezyme unzips it (DNA polymerase), then free nucleotides attatch and form 2 new daughter strands. NO mRNA_tRNA_ribosomes involved

hardy ha...

= Jennifer =

HSC
alot of people in our class wrote on protein synthesis i found myself doing the same then i sort of skewed my answer away from it i think i might get 1 out 3 for that part

~amy~

i drew a picture with an explanation. i fluked this one cos i wasnt 100% sure i was doing the right process.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
sgt said:
somethn like...

• dna is unwound by an enzyme
    dna is unzipped to form to separate strands
    1 nucleotide (base, sugar, phospate) is added to each strand
    each time 1 nucleotide is added, another dna strand is formed identical to the first
That's about what I wrote.

S

Shuter

I'll probably get 2/3. I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing and talked about mitosis and chromosones kind of.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
myg0t said:
Cutting and pasting using enzyme ligase through a cutting and grafting technique. Something like that

Who's the moron who wrote about protein synthesis :sleep:
thats for transgenic species isnt it?

HSC
i knew everythin there except for the shit about dna replication and hybridisation

i wrote some bullshit like the m-RNA takes one strand to a station where it gets replicated, ie, a strand attaches to it with corresponding bases lol

SweetSeasons

HSC
What so some of you guys are saying, the question wasn't asking us to talk about mRNA and tRNA, but to talk about mitosis and how the chromatids split in half? or what ever it is?

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
damn, i think i did too. cant remember - which is not a good sign - damn, is just the sort of stupid mistake i make in exams, dont read the question properly. damndamndamndamndamn. how much was it worth anyway? anyone remember? want to know how many marks i potentially lost (hopefully didnt tho! :) )

HSC
three, i think. maybe they'll feel sorry for the vast number of people that wrote about protein synthesis instead ..

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
nope. its used as a 'blueprint', cause DNA is the blueprint of life (haha, get it?! sorry, that was bad...:p) DNA unravels, mRNA assembles w/corresponding nucleotides (A-U, G-C) then travels into cytoplasm, tRNA molecules match codons, ribosome does some other stuff and viola! you have a polypeptide chain of amino acids, NOT another double helix of DNA.

sorry people...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)