Do internals scale? (1 Viewer)

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
Internal Adv English moderation/scaling- How much? How much can a rank about 90-100/140 (mark= 67% approx), relatively weak to previous years cohort, school rank 44 score? Can it band 5/

zhertec

HSC
According to what I've learnt scaling only applies to your atar by UAC (based on the diffuculty of your subjects), for singular subjects it's only aligned and moderated, I think.....

HSC
Your internals do not scale. UAC and BOS do not scale your internal marks.

Your school may choose to scale your internal marks to fill up relative gaps so that certain students do not stuff up others but no.

Your school sends your internal mark and rank to BOS. The performance of each cohort in your subjects in the HSC exam, determines how your internal marks are moderated. For example if everyone does shit internally in your school, but does extraordinary well in the HSC, that gives BOS an indication that your internal assessments were difficult in comparison to the HSC and your internal marks would be moderated to a higher mark. This could also happen the other way. After the internal marks have been moderated, you receive the mark based on your rank. If you're 40th, you'll receive the 40th highest internal mark. Whatever mark you get in the external exam, you keep that.

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
Your internals do not scale. UAC and BOS do not scale your internal marks.

Your school may choose to scale your internal marks to fill up relative gaps so that certain students do not stuff up others but no.

Your school sends your internal mark and rank to BOS. The performance of each cohort in your subjects in the HSC exam, determines how your internal marks are moderated. For example if everyone does shit internally in your school, but does extraordinary well in the HSC, that gives BOS an indication that your internal assessments were difficult in comparison to the HSC and your internal marks would be moderated to a higher mark. This could also happen the other way. After the internal marks have been moderated, you receive the mark based on your rank. If you're 40th, you'll receive the 40th highest internal mark. Whatever mark you get in the external exam, you keep that.
Thanks for the answer. So basically I keep the 67 :( . Sorry guys.

HSC
Thanks for the answer. So basically I keep the 67 :( . Sorry guys.
Don't be sorry, it's confusing.

Your internal mark of 67 is sent to BOS. Once it gets moderated (fixed) to suit the difficulty of the HSC, you will receive a mark based on your rank. If you're ranked 90th, then you will receive the 90th highest moderated mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)