Do Not Look In Here Unless You Are Ready!!! (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
"The journey is a powerful concept in literature and life"

Get off this site and discuss this statement, using your core text, AT LEAST ONE text from the stimulus booklet, and TWO of your own chosing.

YOU HAVE 40 MINUTES.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I'll take the silence as a sign that people listened to my question? I'll go do it too then. TOODLES!!

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
man the journey is bloody bull crap, don't let hsc eng adv indoctrinate u, its a load of crap

then again. if u want to go to uni and get a job, u have to waste a yr learning wat an imaginative journey is. I LOVE THE SYSTEM

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
so very tru...dont u think that question is a little broad (well thats my first impression)

aditya

HSC
yeh tis the easiest qyestion ever lol... how are journeys crap u idiot... they're all around us...

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
so u think learning how journeys are confronting and its not the destination but the process and they lead to a greater sense of self is more educational than what was learned 20 years ago when you studied texts and english grammar itself.
The new course is so airy fairy cause they have to compare standard and advanced and judge the whole state.

how many of you know wat a transitive or intransitive sentence is, active and passive voice, not to split the verb to be with an adverb. People can;t even spell or use english grammar anymore because of the new bos stages course.

Just makes primary school even more important to actually laying the foundations.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
"The journey is a powerful concept in literature and life"

Get off this site and discuss this statement, using your core text, AT LEAST ONE text from the stimulus booklet, and TWO of your own chosing.

YOU HAVE 40 MINUTES.
The journey takes effort, thus i cbf kthxbai :D

CrashOveride

HSC
2 of your own choosing? It is likely to be asked in the HSC as well? Ive only got one and with the core text and BOS booklet i struggled to get that done in 40min for my trials (got it done in like 50min) :/

Also in the AOS when they ask you in the creative writing and viewing is it just talking about journeys in general or do you just talk about your own specific one eg. Inner? Should you mention others and what sort of detail from this perspeective should be applied?

Sophie777

They say atleast one. Which means they really would like more than one. And... technically they could ask for 2.. I think.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
also u can get some extra time by sopending less on section 2, for that u only need to write about 400 wrods which takes like 20 mins
so i guess u could spend 50 on section 3 and 50 on section 1 if u wanted to

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
gordo i kinda agree with you to an extent. I was lucky to be taught english grammar extensively in primary school and i find people doing ext 2 english at school who cant even tell the dif between a verb and a noun, adjective and an adverb etc. cause they never learned it. Between bad grammar and spelling english is going downhill quickly (or should I say - is quickly going downhill :)) but its not the people's fault if they didn't learn it. Anyway I still think the current syllabus is useful as it requires analysis and independent thinking which you can't learn from being tested on grammar

CrashOveride

HSC
I was also informed by my teacher to stay away from thematic type essays in Paper 2? She said to talk more about values...well how are they so different? For eg, my trial essay on Hamlet and RAGAD in the body text i basically focused on a theme like death, honour etc per paragraph. She said not to do this ?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
the question for journey MUST be broad for these reasons
1. to be used for physical, inner and imaginative
2. we're the first year doing journeys
3. it's pretty predictable

That question was in my trials. I did quite well. :)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
how many ppl have u met who call a noun a naming word, a verb a doing word, an adjective a describing word, a conjunction a joining work etc

ppl in my year, in year 12, still do that.
i am not saying its there fault,
but it would have austen turning in her grave.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
gordo said:
how many ppl have u met who call a noun a naming word, a verb a doing word, an adjective a describing word, a conjunction a joining work etc

ppl in my year, in year 12, still do that.
i am not saying its there fault,
but it would have austen turning in her grave.
lol. yeah i agree. I think it'd to so with the first way you learn something sticks with you. It's hard to unlearn things perhaps? The last time I had to unlearn something was in year 6 and the way to do long division since there's two ways. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)