Do people buy textbooks? (1 Viewer)

Jolteon

HSC
Hi there! I'm a 2018 graduate and I'm planning to sell my textbooks. However, I do know that the HSC syllabus has changed so I'm wondering do students still purchase second-hand textbooks from the year/grade above or do they just cop and purchase the new textbooks for the new syllabus?

Thank you!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Wait, people bought text books in high school? We always got some crappy old ones from the school except in a few rare cases where the books were outdated each year (eg economics) and we had to buy our own... but our school helped negotiate a discount.

andrew12678

HSC
We always got some crappy old ones from the school except in a few rare cases where the books were outdated each year (eg economics)
On the contrary I remember receiving some very decent 'up to date' textbooks for Physics, Chemistry and Maths (not that I actually used any of them tho haha)

Time&moretime

HSC
Hi there! I'm a 2018 graduate and I'm planning to sell my textbooks. However, I do know that the HSC syllabus has changed so I'm wondering do students still purchase second-hand textbooks from the year/grade above or do they just cop and purchase the new textbooks for the new syllabus?

Thank you!
Textbooks are ‘hit and miss’. Often only the very motivated students buy second-hand old syllabus textbooks. Most just buy the new ones because it is a real pain to decide which is relevant to the current course

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
On the contrary I remember receiving some very decent 'up to date' textbooks for Physics, Chemistry and Maths (not that I actually used any of them tho haha)
i always admired that about the students/teachers at my high school- even with limited funding for resources we still did reasonably well in the hsc. or at least my year did.

andrew12678

HSC
i always admired that about the students/teachers at my high school- even with limited funding for resources we still did reasonably well in the hsc. or at least my year did.
I was under the impression from your signature that we went to the same high school? But yea I'm around 11 years younger :O

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I was under the impression from your signature that we went to the same high school? But yea I'm around 11 years younger :O
LOL probably. I remember in the last week of school (when I was a junior) I was assigned the task of collecting books back from year 12 students and ticking off names against the store room near the library... and they were pretty old books!

But then maybe the school got a lot more funding after I left... you guys even had a hall. And some multipurpose building.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)