Do they show your major on your degree? (1 Viewer)

Peartie

HSC
well done on graduating :p

I didnt think that majors were shown though?

peter2

Banned
HSC
I was told that for a double degree such as my degree, Commerce/Law, you don't ACTUALLY graduate once you complete the credit points for the commerce part. They told me you can receive a certificate stating you have completed the commerce requirements but you don't actually obtain the degree. Anyone care to explain???

BigDk

HSC
what ever written on your transcript is whats written on your degree.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I just got my graduation letter and it says:

B Arts...

is it supposed to say

B Arts (Sociology)?

How do I get them to change this?
Unis don't show the major(s) on your testamur unless it's the actual name of the your degree. That's why some students choose to enrol in those specific degrees because, for example to illustrate, if they knew from day one that they want to major in psychology, they enrol for the "BA (Psych)" degree so that it shows up on the testamur.

For others, if it's a BA, it'll just show BA regardless what you majored in.

kevinant

HSC
Nope...except commerce stuffs since you have to choose majors when you enter preference.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I was told that for a double degree such as my degree, Commerce/Law, you don't ACTUALLY graduate once you complete the credit points for the commerce part. They told me you can receive a certificate stating you have completed the commerce requirements but you don't actually obtain the degree. Anyone care to explain???
I know people who have and I have applied and been granted to do so. The thing is you have to apply to graduate the first degree when you finish it and write on the form that you are only applying to graduate the first.

Thanks guys I just wanted to be sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)