Do u believe HSC markers are ..... (1 Viewer)

Do you believe HSC markers R:

• givin good marks for everyone

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • neutral markers

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • picky

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • CHEAP?

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
Hmm, after worrying about ma HSC lately, I note that therez so many rules to HSC.
Like, mayb ppl mark u down for:

1. wrong student num
2. write name on booklet
3. politics
4. language
5. bias
6. racists?
7. favouring some nationality
8. wrong centre num
9. bad handwriting
10. essay too long

that could be very worrying

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I honestly think that the HSC markers will not care about most of those rules, except for the last two.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
10. essay too long
I never realised they marked down for long essay lengths.!
How long would the yhave 2 b? Because ive seen Band 6 answers 2 different subjects and they can reach up 2 14 pages.

Explain pleez?

Belinda

O_o
HSC
Yeah bad handwriting is a no no, which sucks cos when I write fast my writing is very messy. It makes sense though, if you're reading through all those hundreds of essays by kids you don't know, most markers wouldn't deliberately strain their eyes for you.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
racist? umm, correct me if im wrong, but isnt that the whole point of the student numbers? so they dont know who we are and therefore cant discriminate (on whether or not they know us, or guessing our nationalities based on our names..)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by VanCarBus
Hmm, after worrying about ma HSC lately, I note that therez so many rules to HSC.
Like, mayb ppl mark u down for:

1. wrong student num
2. write name on booklet
3. politics
4. language
5. bias
6. racists?
7. favouring some nationality
8. wrong centre num
9. bad handwriting
10. essay too long

that could be very worrying
i'm sure that's all bs

chop_suey12

Apparently markers have an obligation to dechipher each script. Bad handwriting does not automatically mean you risk loosing marks. On occassion, there are special examiners to read the ilegible scripts, and sometimes markers are sent away to write out your essay again in there own handwriting so they can give it a proper assessment. Or at least that is what my teacher, who has been heavily involved in marking in the past, told me.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I'm worried the HSC markers mark more harshly than our teachers in the trials and assessments....if so I'm destined for a shithouse mark for eng

BTW Van happy birthday, it says on the thing it's your birthday today

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
sometimes, markers look at ur essay, when they are tired of marking like 300 essays, another 3000 to go, they look at the length of ur essay and then go "nah..." give u like 30%, to save time and effort...ma teacher told me

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Originally posted by VanCarBus
sometimes, markers look at ur essay, when they are tired of marking like 300 essays, another 3000 to go, they look at the length of ur essay and then go "nah..." give u like 30%, to save time and effort...ma teacher told me
Thats what all teachers say, they crap on about how u mite get a marker in a bad mood who's marking your paper at 10 o'clock at night and who's still got hundreds to mark and has already drank 5 coffees so MAKE YOUR ESSAY STAND OUT....its bs...they just say it to try and make us write better essays

Kiya

I forgot to pt my centre numbre and student number at the top of every page for maths! CRAP

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I dont think it will matter too much, just as long as you have it on the front cover.
and if you dont have it at all...well...as long as the centre number is somewhere on the booklet they will figure it out

manta

Originally posted by hk31
BAD HANDWRITING!!!
NO.................!!!!!!!!
damn well hope not... mine just keep getting worse as the essays went on!!! I feel sorry for anyone marking mine!!! :uhhuh:

Nearlyfinished!

Lacroix, Sweetie!
HSC
All of the exams are criteria marked. This is so that the marking is kept to a certain standard. A few of my teacers who have marked the new and old HSC have said the the critera are argued about extensively until the markers are happy that it is a fair assessment of each student's exam (well, as fair as it gets). The markers aren't their to vent hidden anger or anything like that, they are there essentially to award us marks (thus, "markers"). Don't crap on about shit that you don't have control over!!!!!! I can never understand why people do :confused:

e s k i

Well my teacher always told us that you've just got to be appropriate...and that it's not really a good idea to write stuff that could reveal shit like political leanings, school/area, religion etc...

Not that markers should be biased to this blahblahblah, but you just don't want to give the marker something to make any sort of judgement on you, whether it be good, bad or otherwise, other than your reading/writing skills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)