Do we select the subjects we do? (1 Viewer)

Giant Lobster

HSC
From the third last section entitled "What now" of the enrolment process, it leads you to the enrolment basket where you begin to select subjects to do with ur degree... Does this make no sense to anyone else other than me?

I thought the point of selecting a degree was that the uni has already designed the program and all the subjects u do

So in theory i can do biotechnology subjects with my commerce degree?
Do i build my own timetable?
Whats the point of choosing law if law courses are available to everyone?

shannonm

HSC
N/A
yes you plug in your own subjects.
do you think myunsw knows if you plan on doing 18uoc/ 24uoc?
i guess it can read your mind to and know you are going to do higher maths 1a instead of maths 1s? and all your electives/geneds too?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Giant Lobster said:
From the third last section entitled "What now" of the enrolment process, it leads you to the enrolment basket where you begin to select subjects to do with ur degree... Does this make no sense to anyone else other than me?

I thought the point of selecting a degree was that the uni has already designed the program and all the subjects u do

So in theory i can do biotechnology subjects with my commerce degree?
Do i build my own timetable?
Whats the point of choosing law if law courses are available to everyone?
myUNSW does have limited functionalty in stopping you from enrolling in things you shouldn't be. For example, it won't let you enroll in courses for which you do not meet the pre-requisites. It would be quite stupid for anyone to try and enroll in things they shouldn't be enrolling in anyway.

The enrollment process allows everyone to choose their subjects and subject times. Not everyone has a rock solid program set out by the uni (this year, I only have one core subject, so I have seven electives to pick). So, you pick your subjects in myUNSW, and you are given the option to move classes around to create a timetable that suits you.

click here

to see my profile
HSC
Can you change the electives/subject later on if you choose the wrong one?
Do we have to choose the electives/subject before 28 January, or is that just the deadline for accepting your offer?
also what is academic advising sessions? If we have to enrol by 28 Jan, I won't have time for that.

doingHSC

HSC
click here said:
Can you change the electives/subject later on if you choose the wrong one?
Do we have to choose the electives/subject before 28 January, or is that just the deadline for accepting your offer?
also what is academic advising sessions? If we have to enrol by 28 Jan, I won't have time for that.
im not sure if u can change ur subjects later but 28th is the last day to accept ur offer and 18th feb is last day to enrol i think (plz correct me if im wrong)

Giant Lobster

HSC
What exactly is the difference btn enrolling and accepting an offer?
So im up to choosing my courses, have i accepted my offer?
Do i have until march 11 to choose my courses? ("Friday 11 Last day to enrol in Semester 1 courses ")

sunny

meh.
HSC
Giant Lobster said:
Accepting: You're telling UNSW and UAC you'll be going to UNSW doing the degree you picked.
Enrolling: Picking your subjects at UNSW

Giant Lobster said:
Do i have until march 11 to choose my courses? ("Friday 11 Last day to enrol in Semester 1 courses ")
You should have it done before uni even starts.

specialjenny

HSC
I am completely confuse with the choosing subjects thing too.......it says I could choose subjects from other courses , and I was like "what??" and I have no idea what subjects to "tick" and what not to..and how many subjects I have to do...so confusing!

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Giant Lobster said:
So im up to choosing my courses, have i accepted my offer?
yes, youve already accepted and now ur on to the second part whish is enrolling......

sunny

meh.
HSC
specialjenny said:
I am completely confuse with the choosing subjects thing too.......it says I could choose subjects from other courses , and I was like "what??" and I have no idea what subjects to "tick" and what not to..and how many subjects I have to do...so confusing!
If you don't know what subjects or how many you should be doing you've missed out on something very important before you even should have accepted your offer, and that is to read about the degree on myUNSW and the Virtual Handbook and see what is actually involved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)