Do you have any regrets from your senior years? (1 Viewer)

Pethmin

HSC
Uni Grad
With careful consideration- there will be no comment as I am unable to comprehend what all those big words are for; ie too lazy to look it up.

souli

HSC
Thank you.

I just don’t think the reward for studying it is that worth it considering the amount of time you have to study it, especially the time you are given in the exam for the amount you have to write. To write the 3 essays to a good standard, along with everything else you have to write within the 3 hours, is very hard. Although I had a good class and did pretty well in the subject, I personally wouldn’t recommend it.

Each to their own, people have their own opinion about the subject but that’s mine
Thank you..
I was actually contemplating between legal and economics but decided against legal because of the enormous amount of content. Plus, I haven't heard great feedback about the teacher who takes it. Your comment has made me feel validated about my choice HAHA

Masaken

Clown™
HSC
HAHAHAH that's legit our convos in extension English atp..
English.. NAH
Philosophy.. YEAH
English has taught me more philosophy than actual English. I learned so much about this one Christian philosopher while researching context and his ideas still stick more to me than the work and the author I was researching the context for

souli

HSC
English has taught me more philosophy than actual English. I learned so much about this one Christian philosopher while researching context and his ideas still stick more to me than the work and the author I was researching the context for
I love when you get a great English teacher.. class discussions 😍😍

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Does money truly correspond with happiness? Or does it correspond with contentment?
I'd say happiness comes from relationships (family, friends, dating), passions, achieving goals, etc - it depends on the person.

But money enhances pretty much all of those - more time to spend with family, no financial stress, no arguments about money, no working 2 jobs, more time to pursue passions, more time to do fun stuff.

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
I would say working smartly was my regret. I feel like I got diminishing returns beyond a point of effort.... working smarter would have saved me from this! And also not getting bogged down by small setbacks (i.e. internal task raw marks), because at the end of the day every school marks differently and the sensible thing would be to learn from the mistakes rather than absolutes.... Moreover just enjoy year 11 and 12 along, I took them a bit too seriously and now I can't relive them 😥

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)