Do you leave assignments till the last minute? (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I tended to leave it really last minute, but always got congratulated for the effort I put in!!

Cept one nite it backfired, I was doing an assignment due the next day, finishing it off at bout 10pm and getting ready to finish up, saved it to a floppy, closed the program and then had a horrible feeling. Put the disk in and it would read. Everything was gone. An assignment that we had a month to do was totally blank 8 hours before it was due. I pulled it off though, got 19/20 for it....

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
I have the FUNNIEST story in re. to this thread!!! lol! (AND dont take it as advice PLEASE! Do not try this @ home!!)

On thursday i had a religion assignment (ISP) due. so i was working all tues, wed (didnt go 2 skool) and thurs nite on it(got to bed at 2:30am) and on thursday i thought...MAN am i tired!!!
Yesterday i had two more due...eng advanced and eng ext . I had to write an essay on truth (in bowling 4 columbine) and make a crime fiction website comparing the maltese falcon and LA confidential. This was at 5:30 fri nite. So...i stayed up....ALL NIGHT!!!! I watched the hours dissolve away, just as quickly as my conciousness was. At 4:00 i nearly cried thinkin..."I need to wake up in 2 hrs":( and When my Dad woke up at 6:30 i was re-watching 'Columbine. he said..."Why are you up so early?" my reply, between yawns, was "i havn't been to bed!"
Then i tried to save my website on floppy to take to the other computer to print out and it wouldnt work. I couldn't take the printer upstairs either cos the cd drive is broken and couldnt load the software. it was now past 8:00 and my dad had left without me.
I ended up and Mums skool(She's a teacher) lookin 4 a colour printer, none of which would work!! At 10:30 my dad showed up to take me to skool, and mum finally finished printing my website. But...of course, all the red (Majority) came out pink! So i had thie tough, hard boiled crime website that was predominantly pink...VERY INTIMIDATING!!!
By the time i got to skool 4th period, outta uniform and majorly sleep deprived) i had both assignments done and ready to hand up, if only i could find the teachers!! Both of them were in a meeting and wouldnt be out 4 ages! I eventually gave english to the year coordinator who promised shed pass it on and delivered ext 1 in the next period.
so as soon as i got home i crashed, and didn't rise till 12:30 this morning....Just in time to do my ancient and modern assignments.:D

So as i warned...dont follow my lead.

-Kate

Rahul

Dead Member
i used to leave everything to the last moment. and usually my marks were good, but having the guilt at the back of my mind that had that been a day ago, i would have absolutely aced the assignemnt.
but, oh well. regrets....

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Hey Cleopatra did u have free periods that morning or were u late?

Cos if we were even thirty seconds late to school on the morning an assessment was due we recieved a big fat zero!

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
no...eng was 1st period...but we didn't have it specified that it had to be in then, just some time yesterday(unlike standard). and i figured, if i go without...thats a zero, but if i get there late with it its at least done, and if they give me a zero, it was worth a try!

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
yes i always have a mad rush to do/finish it the night befeore

:)

reallyt depends on what i have that week too... coz we had 3 weeks of assesments and the science ones were due all within a weeks of eache other [i do all three] so u can imagine how much sleeep i lacked that week.. :(

TheKey

HSC
i found it really hard to do an assesment if i know i have a whole week to do it or whatever, even if i did start earlier 90% of it was always done in the last day/night before its due. (thank god for MSN and Mirc)

The worst assesment timing i had was in 1 day i had to start and finish physics research assigment as well as start and finish my IPT major task. For those who dont do IPT, it involved making a website as well as a heap of documentation (30pages) had to be written.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
ummm i did.. with my business report this yr i got like 88/100 (like 3rd or 4th in all of business) and i did all the research before (had to do an interview take photos etc) but i did the whole report the night before..
umm for the past few weeks i havent had a computer.. so i did my religion isp, english speech and business notes really early.. like a week before it.. but i dont think they were any better than if i did them the night before
i think i work better under pressure

~Dreamer

HSC
im quite the opposite to most here... i do way better in tests than i do assignments... 1 hour before its due and im still typing...agh, thank god its all over

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
I never normally do it.. only with assignments i dont like -- most assignments i like getting them over and done with! but after saying that i have an english visual representation task .. due tomorrow :( and i havent started , nor do i have any ideas.. i have to visually represent the idea of a journey.. guys any ideas?

meisme

Originally posted by mazza_728
I never normally do it.. only with assignments i dont like -- most assignments i like getting them over and done with! but after saying that i have an english visual representation task .. due tomorrow :( and i havent started , nor do i have any ideas.. i have to visually represent the idea of a journey.. guys any ideas?
Think a travel advertisement, ive found its the best way to visually represent phys journey

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
its the only way my dear... the only way...
no need to feel guilty or whatever... if it works for you thats fine...
for me it was the only way i would get my work done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)