Do you want to go to uni? (1 Viewer)

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
eres a thought. Don't go to uni until your 21, or don't go to uni at all and take another path. Alot of people stress out over the HSC and making i into uni but have you thought if thats what you want to do? the HSC is not your life, aswell as uni isnt your life. I'm not saying uni is bad but I want everyone to think about i uni is for them

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
aiz said:
did you go?
yes. Then i thought it was shit and left. I will probably go as a mature age student but I didn't like it

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
If i did what ur talking about then my parents would disown and kill me.... or kill and disown me..... either way, they would not be happy.

They got so pissed when my older bro took a gap year, coz they said that he's was missing out on so much learning....

so, yeah. I'm forced into uni.....

and, well, i can't really think of anything i'd rather do after school than doing uni.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Tell your parents to piss of if you want to take a gap year. Effectively they will be controlling yo until you are 21 unless you do othewise

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
man once you hit 18 they cant really control you because effectively youre an adult
you should really tell your parents to back off and stop pressuring you...do what you think its best for you, not what your parents think.
its your life so i guess you should do whatever you want with it.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
the onnly way i could convince them to let me have a gap yr, is if i stay in china the entire year to learn chinese - yep, production=everything..... but, i might just do that... i guess i'm just not the rebelling type

munchybuddy

HSC
my parents dont really care what i do as long as im doing sumfin, but yeah i really wanna get into uni next year, thats pretty much all im working for... if i dont get in ill feel like its the end of the world.
I dont wanna go straight 2 uni but i feel that if i have a gap year i wont wanna go back!!
Wat would u guys do? Year off or straight into uni?

~untitled~

HSC
Yes, i do want to go to university, next year.... and no this thread hasnt made me reconsider my decision...

N

noir.

I dont think threads like these that contain personal experiences [Gilbert1] can change minds.

It hasnt changed mine, and it wont. If uni isnt the place for me, then that'll be discovered once i have actually been to uni as a uni student.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
magpam said:
i ain't going to uni. heard it is worse than the hsc. hate commitments. don't think ill last.

yeah i'm thinking to wait a year or two before i go. until then i either thinking of working or having a gap year.
I feel one year is more than enough. By the end of the first few months, you would probably be eager to go back and study. I get that feelling even during the summer break unless I'm somewhere overseas.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
munchybuddy said:
my parents dont really care what i do as long as im doing sumfin, but yeah i really wanna get into uni next year, thats pretty much all im working for... if i dont get in ill feel like its the end of the world.
I dont wanna go straight 2 uni but i feel that if i have a gap year i wont wanna go back!!
Wat would u guys do? Year off or straight into uni?
That depends on your wish. If you want to leave for a year to travel or just rest from studying, go for the gap year. It's not going to really affect you unless you want to complete your degree as young as possible so you can get a decent job in your early twenties.

If you want to take a long study break, I would recommend getting a fulltime job coz then you can actually get government assistance when you return uni after one year or something like that.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
magpam said:
i ain't going to uni. heard it is worse than the hsc. hate commitments. don't think ill last.

yeah i'm thinking to wait a year or two before i go. until then i either thinking of working or having a gap year.
Uni subjects are way more interesting and useful. I studied a lot when I was in highschool but that was for that two digit score. Now I'm still studying for digit scores but with a sense of passion with what I'm actually studying

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah tmac has a point there
when youre at uni, youre studying a course which you would really want to do, so the motivating factor is there, which makes you do really well because you enjoy it
plus the time youre at uni flies so quick that by the time you graduate, youll think that you started studying the degree yesterday.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
magpam said:
i cant wait to get out of school
yay!!!

btw what's everyone going to do if they don't make it to uni?
:O i hope i do !!

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Personally, I think getting into uni's really easy. It's more about getting into the course I want that's my prob x.x;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)