Does anyone do languages? (1 Viewer)

sor_ju

I was wondering what studying a language like japanese would be like in uni?

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
u mean B Art/B Edu???
I was thinking about doing two language...like chinese and french~~~

sor_ju

i was thinking more of a Barch/B Arts... coz im doing japanese now so i was thinking of continuing japanese in uni

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I'm doing Beginner's Japanese at uni this year. Next year I'll be moving onto level 2.

If you've done HSC Japanese you generally start at level 2.

It's pretty good. The head of the department is a gaijin, but most of the tutors are native Japanese. There's an even balance on studying writing, reading, listening and speaking. Also, you can pick up related elective units about Japanese culture, history and politics...

It's great, I'd highly recommend it

x-y-z

HSC
Sweet_Lemon said:
u mean B Art/B Edu???
I was thinking about doing two language...like chinese and french~~~
I did French in semester 1- they take it at an intense, insane pace. Just to scrape by and get passes requires allot of hours and work- trust me there will be no bludging in this course. It was the only subject I got a pass in.

But let this be the deciding factor- in order to continue French 1B in semester 2, you were required to do work in mid semester break (when every other uni student was living it up), just to be up to the required level.

x-y-z

HSC
Oh and the only thing I know how to say in French after a semester in uni is: "voulez vous couches avec moi ce soir?"

And I didn't even learn that from uni, I learnt it from a song.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)