Does anyone know where i can find a case study on an economy? (1 Viewer)

Spike

I had one on china i cant seem to find it iam screwed

DO U think its abouslty nessicary to know one?

philbert_frog

There's one on the BoS site (boRed) I think... and yes I think its necessary - look at last year's HSC question!

Admittedly, there was a choice involved, but as all the info you need to write is in an assignment that you (should have) already done, its nice and easy...compared to info on the Aus economy which is split over all 4 topics of the course + newspaper articles and the like.

Hope this helps

Oh and BTW: visit the CIA's Factbook and UN sites like Economic & Social Development (For the Asia-Pacific region specifically try UNESCAP) - they are very very useful.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Your teacher should've given u a case study assessment essay
since im just re-editing that one to use for trials/HSC coz I did fairly good essay

If u have access to Updated Economics A, look at the sample case study they've done, it gives u a rough idea of wat kind of information u'd need

medea

none of your fricken business, i know where you li
it is actually necessary to have a case study, its in the syllabus for a reason you know...... it is technically examinable though, it would usually pop up as an essay question. but i guess if you cover your ass on everything else nad can answer the otehr essay question t(working onte hpremise that it is one fo teh essay questions) then it is alrite.

last yr i did have a case study, it was indonesia, i was so fucking tired so i didn't bother to learn it before hte exam. i was gambling there that i could answer the other essay question instead.

but just to be safe, you should have a case study!! plus its still early days, you have time now to read up on one whereas i basically ran out of time.

i would advise that you jsut don't get a case study out of the textbook, but do extra research and add more detail to your essay, most HSC guides, textbooks and cribs appeal to the lowest common denominators in the market, because the information is usually simplified and dumbed down, detail is not worked thru and basically its a capitalist money making scheme feeding off the insecurities of angst filled HSC students.

or maybe i am just being cynical......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)