Doing 4u English and 4u Maths (+ Economics) (1 Viewer)

Alistruggles

HSC
So I’m in Year 11 and my most likely choice of subjects for Year 12 are as the title indicates.

I’d like to get an idea of how good/bad undertaking both 4u english and 4u maths would be.

Most people have been responding to me with “oh you must be so smart!” but I am not doing amazing in either subject, I just truly like english and maths most out of any other subject at school. Do you have to be totally amazing to get above average at either? I’m aiming for an atar of ~96.

How much work would it be? Is it lot more than normal?

bugra

HSC
N/A
If I am not mistaken, you have to choose at least 4 subjects in year 12. I think you only have 3 (4u english and maths both count as 1 each + economics). Maybe you should find some more info from your school because I am not too sure about this.

Alistruggles

HSC
If I am not mistaken, you have to choose at least 4 subjects in year 12. I think you only have 3 (4u english and maths both count as 1 each + economics). Maybe you should find some more info from your school because I am not too sure about this.
Oh I do know that. I’m doing legal studies to just fulfill the requirement :)

idkkdi

HSC
So I’m in Year 11 and my most likely choice of subjects for Year 12 are as the title indicates.

I’d like to get an idea of how good/bad undertaking both 4u english and 4u maths would be.

Most people have been responding to me with “oh you must be so smart!” but I am not doing amazing in either subject, I just truly like english and maths most out of any other subject at school. Do you have to be totally amazing to get above average at either? I’m aiming for an atar of ~96.

4u english kinda seems easy but everyone seems to do sht. Getting above average in 4U isn't that hard. Economics and Legal -- idk why you chose these two subjects, should have done sciences :).

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A

maybe save urself the extra stress and choose one 4u and one 3u ? two ext2 will probably be a nightmare, even though 4u english is "just a hand in" you wouldn't want to slack off ittt.

Alistruggles

HSC
maybe save urself the extra stress and choose one 4u and one 3u ? two ext2 will probably be a nightmare, even though 4u english is "just a hand in" you wouldn't want to slack off ittt.
thanks for the advice! could you elaborate on why it would probably be a nightmare?

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
thanks for the advice! could you elaborate on why it would probably be a nightmare?
lot of time dedication: 4u maths is difficult and 4u english is very time consuming. Since you need a minimum of 4 subjects, then there's 2 other subjects you also have to work for. Also procrastination is inevitable and you wouldn't want to burn yourself out.

Alistruggles

HSC
lot of time dedication: 4u maths is difficult and 4u english is very time consuming. Since you need a minimum of 4 subjects, then there's 2 other subjects you also have to work for. Also procrastination is inevitable and you wouldn't want to burn yourself out.
would you say that 4 unit english (by itself, excluding ext 1 and advanced) is more time consuming than your typical 2 unit subject? (like physics, economics)

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
would you say that 4 unit english (by itself, excluding ext 1 and advanced) is more time consuming than your typical 2 unit subject? (like physics, economics)
im in year 11 too so i wouldn't know how to answer that sorryyy

Wizjaro

HSC
I have friends who do extension 2 English and they all enjoy enjoy English so they don't find it as a drag. If you enjoy writing English extension won't be too much of a burden. However, I've heard multiple times that maths extension 2 requires quite some time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)