doing all 3 sciences would it help? (1 Viewer)

TBK11

HSC
umm just wondering say if someone did all 3 sciences would it help them in anyway as in "subject support".

cause my H.T for S.S said if u do business, legal and eco they go really well together and if you had all 3 it would assist u alot

so im wondering doing all three sciences
  1. Biology
  2. Chemistry
  3. Physics
in anyway would they help in content like for bio maybe would some of the stuff in chemistry or physics help you ect..

suzlee

HSC
One thing I have heard from a biology teacher at my school is that bio and chem go well together cos some of the concepts/topics overlap :)

Sorry.. that wasn't much of a contribution lol

TBK11

HSC
suzlee said:
One thing I have heard from a biology teacher at my school is that bio and chem go well together cos some of the concepts/topics overlap :)

Sorry.. that wasn't much of a contribution lol
itz all good any info would do i ask my Science teachers and they say "yes all 3 go perfect pick them"

dont really trust teachers :sleep:

suzlee

HSC
TBK11 said:
itz all good any info would do i ask my Science teachers and they say "yes all 3 go perfect pick them"

Our school's Head of Science said picking 6 units of science would be "insane" :mad1: which I guess is true if you have poor time management skills...... Then she said if you're looking into science courses at uni, you should be doing at least 4 units. Fine line, much -.-

namburger

Noob Member
HSC
Your choice.
I find 2 sciences(physics + chemistry) quite hard to cope with as there is soooo much to remember zz.
I know that things do overlap in the 3 subs especially in the option topics. eg. quanta to quarks option has dotpoints about radioisotopes which is covered in nuclear chemistry and DNA in forensic chemistry is covered in some module of biology.
If you are willing to put in the time and effort, then i guess its okay.

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Nah.

Physics/chemistry/biology not related too much at all.

People just choose 3 sciences because they're generally good at science, and find it more interesting =P

Doing 3 humanities is common because it requires some english skills, too. A person who is good at english is usually good at humanities.

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
I wish I did all 3 sciences

Science is what i like most

And the stupid head science teacher at my school strongly suggested not to do more than 2

idiot

I shouldn't have listened to him if I knew I liked science so much...

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
minijumbuk said:
People just choose 3 sciences because they're generally good at science, and find it more interesting =P
yeah, thats true...i do all three sciences, and im doing my hsc...and its not too difficult...i personally would recommend doing all three, but thats just me i guess...OTOH, it is true that you need to have good time management skills, etc, etc....

all the best buddy

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL I want to do all 3 sciences too but I also want to do economics/business studies and I already have like 14 units for prelim and 12 for HSC so I can't but if I could I would. But it would be good for ur uni course where for me it wouldn't really help since I'm going to do economics but yea I would do all 3 if it was possible for me and bio is mostly remembering stuff from what I've heard. Good luck

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
TBK11 said:

Really? My teacher thinks that the kids who are doing all 3 sciences are insane. He reckons you should do a broad range of subjects and if you pick all 3 that you should change at least one of them for another subject, preferably a humanities subject he says... weird? For a science teacher I think maybe it is.

smushieex

HSC
uhh, if you think you can cope, then try it. o_o
But for me, that's wayyy too much science. haha.
We're not even allowed to choose all three science subjects at my school.

TBK11

HSC
hmm i guess ill fish around for another subject i got my interview tomorrow jus need to find another subject thinkin retail but work placement errr

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
TBK11 said:
hmm i guess ill fish around for another subject i got my interview tomorrow jus need to find another subject thinkin retail but work placement errr
Just do all 3, it wont hurt, you can alaways start of with 14 units in year 11 and go to 12 or 10 in year 12, if not start of at 14 and drop a subject you dont like in term 1 of year 11, im sure you can do that... but ask to make sure

Zippora

HSC
do not do all three sciencess it will be helllll

i do biology and chemistry and biology is of absolutely no assistance to chemistry. Chemistry may assist in understanding about 1/100th of biology..... but if thats the only reason then total waste of time

I dont know anything about physics but i definately dont feel like im missing out on anything because of it....

HSC
Only one person in my year did all three sciences - Bio, Chem and Physics. He topped physics, and was rank 2 in both bio and chem.
I don't know if it was because of the overlap, probably moreso because he was just good at and passionate about science.
So there's my 2cents.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hahaha lol

DO IT!!! DO IT!!! DO IT!!! you get my point DO IT!!!DO IT!!!DO IT!!!

Anyway DO IT!!!

They can help scale you up as long as you do good in them but yea they can help more then retail... People i know who've done all 3 sciences + 4u maths have got UAI's above 99.50 but they were keen on learning (no life at all) but that how i'll be sooooooooooooon...... LOL

anywho DO IT!!!

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
smushieex said:
uhh, if you think you can cope, then try it. o_o
But for me, that's wayyy too much science. haha.
We're not even allowed to choose all three science subjects at my school.
I think people should be allowed to choose all three, but hell will have to freeze over before I listen to them bitching about how aweful it all is in year twelve.

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
depends how much you like science. and if you're naturally good at it or you have to work for it
I do all 3, but science and maths is just my thing
and I cannot stand social science or anything in that area

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)