Dont get ur hopes up (1 Viewer)

Kam!KaZe

Like ok... Chem and Physics were supposedly easy so you know what that means? It means they are going to mark it hard so I dont think you should count yourself lucky. Gaining high hopes is not the smartest thing to do right now especially after last year when not many people got a band 6. Those chem markers are evil :chainsaw: besides all that, hope you guys go well and receive the UAI u all wanted, otherwise if not, then there is always tafe :p

And remember if at first u dont succeed... hide all evidence that u tried :rolleyes:

schwang_thang

i'd say this is the smartest comment on this forum so far! hehe...esp since every1s been sayin how ez the paper was (which is true but i think we're gettin over-excited)

thank u 4 bringing us down 2 earth again :D

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
A Good second opinion, if not the first to say so... :p [mmm... puns...]

Why aren't they like maths markers, and like to give you marks?

Kam!KaZe

Maths teachers are just too buggered to go through every single answer properly since nearly everyone in the state does some form of maths. Chemistry teachers have had so much exposure to chemicals that their normal tissue cells have been killed and replaced by mutant cells which want to take over the world... and one to start is by making us all fail so we have no future. Its all a dam conspiracy I tell ya. Dammit, those harmful fumes are getting to me too. :mad1:

HSC
i'll be bold enough to be the first one on this forum to say that i genuinely screwed that chem hsc up. and i say that despite getting the same answers as 'spice girl' for mc, and despite filling up every single micromillimetre of white (or disgusting yellow) space on each page, and filling up a booklet for shipwrecks.

its because when the chem hsc markers are markin the paper, if teh answers aren't a carbon copy of what they've got in front of them, they'll take off marks. and now, there aren't any half marks, so any slight error, whether it be not putting the states on an equation, or not mentioning one little miniscule, otherwise irrelevant thing, and you lose one whole mark - not even a half. slowly and slowly, they add up, and before you know it, even teh guy who thinks they've nailed it ends up losing 15-20 marks.

(btw: i speak from experience. i walked out of my trial not thinking i lost a mark, and after the tight arse markers wielded their tight arse, i ended up losing 17 marks - and every single one lost was in my opinion bullshit coz i didnt have exactly what the 'sample answer' had)

idontknow

i think that even though many found the tests easy the allocation of the marks will make it hard to get band 6. There were a lot of 4+ mark questions that the markers will be looking for keywords in. You might have answered the question but might only be getting like 4 out of 5 instead of 5 out of five for some questions, you think that for all the big mark questions you lose only one mark then you will soon realise you will be in the 80% bracket. I think many people might be a little overconfident.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
i already pointed this out in phys thread...

anywayz, i fink ppl are juz feeling too happy partly coz most of them have finished their hsc. So they're feeling of relief isn't juz coming from the xam, but also from the fact that they have 3 months to waste

in regards to leaving early coz the exam was too ez. At my skool we have a Rule 303. That's when u get shot in the back of the head by a teacher if u leave early
...many have died this yr

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
omg

read ur article spice gal

"Diane Beaumont, chemistry teacher at Epping Boys High, said students who write well will be at an advantage, while those who do not will struggle."

This is her way of pushing the blame from the science department to the english department, when they get their results back.

It's also another mildstone 4 the ppl who want to see more aussies wiv higher uais.
I swear one of these days, they're gonna make 4u maths essay based.

josie_is_slut

lolll, if that did happen, how can u make a 4unit exam essay based?...wat u suppose to talk about the history or somethin?,, lol, or we just have to write every number and equation in words....hahah, imagine that

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Originally posted by spice girl
want to hear a load of crap?

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/11/08/1036308483351.html
\

lol. This cracks me up.
That's just pure class...

...therefore, angle UBD is equal to angle KBD, because the chords KD and UD extend the same sized angles UCD and KLD on the circumference of circle KCLUBD..... and Therefore triangle UBD and triangle KBD are congruent...

How long would it take? :D
or...

...applying the quadratic formula, the two complex roots of z are negative five plus two i plus and minus the square root of (open bracket) five minus two i all squared minus four times seven times twenty two minus three i (close bracket) ALL OVER two times seven. Apply the method of finding the squareroot of a complex number. Assume that...

LOL. The entire 3 hours would be devoted to just two questions... :D murderous...

Actually, they might considertesting us on some of Euler's work too in addition.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by idontknow
i think that even though many found the tests easy the allocation of the marks will make it hard to get band 6...I think many people might be a little overconfident.
I agree. While there may have been initial "word recognition" i.e oh, i know about biopolymers, acid rain etc.. There is so much required in a 6mark question that the exam was a lot harder than everyone has presupposed, and I think that to come out saying "oh that was so easy" means you might have missed the point of some of the questions...I mean I think i might as well have...but there will be some surprises i think.

But anyway, good luck everyone :) I hope you all do as brilliantly as you expect :)

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by timmii
...but there will be some surprises i think.
Of course there'll be surprises. If we could see how our papers will be marked, people will be going like: "Fuck how the hell would I ever think of writing that. It's not even asked in the question!"

An irrelevant comment here: did anyone do the catholic exam for physics? In QTQ, the restrictions on Bohr's model question, they required 6 answers. However two of the points they had in the model answers, were just different ways of saying the same thing.

I'll write it here:
* Bohr's theory only worked for one-electron atoms (H) or similar ions (He+)
* Bohr's theory did not allow calculation of the wavelengths of spectral lines for all other atoms.

How can "only works for this" and "doesn't work for anything else" be two different points???

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
FROM ARTICLE:

"Luke Hanson, chemistry teacher at SCECGS Darlinghurst, said there were few calculations."
How perceptive of him, he can count to two.

So very little marks for calculations (5 or 6? + 2 or 3 in option), why?

kini mini

HSC
I like titrations :). All those free marks for a bit of arithmetic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)