dorm life: random scary moments (1 Viewer)

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
a friend who lives 5 doors or so down the hall from me was sleepwalking (somehow into her window, which she'd have to step up to reach) and smashed her leg and elbow through both the blinds and glass. (blinds totally rearranged, panel completely shattered) this was all about half an hour ago. The scene looked like an attempted break in! (1am) omg i was so scared coz i didn't know what had happened, just heard this huge crash (this is on ground floor) and was about to call security, then i dashed out of my room in the hall and saw her there supported by a couple of my other friends, lots of blood. Thank God the gashes weren't as deep as they could have been - one was two inches long on her upper thigh (a deep one) but didnt make it to the muscle thankfully (and wasn't near the major artery/vein whatever), and there were lots of other smaller cuts with glass in them. She was in such shock too, (as you would be with that sort of wake-up when sleepwalking) sobbing as well, but now has been safely carted off in the ambo and is now in hospital. She's such a sweet person, i feel so sorry for her, it would have been so scary to wake up with your leg through a shattered window.

but yeah, God is good. it could've been so much worse - she could've been on a higher floor and fallen right through, or the glass shards could have done fatal damage. (and considering how severe the window looked...)

anyway now i can't sleep - hence why i'm on BOS.

anything scary happened for you ppl who live on campus? in the dorms?

Last edited:

baker182

HSC
When the Newcastle Knights came into my room and jumped on top of me in my bed

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
We had a person pass away in the showers.

Then there was a story about the guy who had too much LSD and went into an episode. No one saw or heard from him in a week (thinking he'd gone home) and finding a real mess when they went in. I wasn't there for that one.

People throwing stuff through their windows happened a few times as well, like TVs on third floor, luckily no one was walking past below.

baker182

HSC
PrincessSJ said:
oh come on! you enjoyed every minute!
No, i would prefer the bulldogs, they know how to treat a person right heheehe :D

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
LeftrightOut said:

Then there was a story about the guy who had too much LSD and went into an episode. No one saw or heard from him in a week (thinking he'd gone home) and finding a real mess when they went in. I wasn't there for that one.

People throwing stuff through their windows happened a few times as well, like TVs on third floor, luckily no one was walking past below.
Some weird shit you've described. This isn't relating to uni dorm life etc. but I heard some random korean guy was playing games straight for 3 or more days with no sleep. They found him died on a toilet.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Um apparently people were peeping through cracks in the shower doors (between door and wall, obviously) so some girls got a little freaked.

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
LeftrightOut said:
*shudders* suicide?

noneother said:
some random korean guy was playing games straight for 3 or more days with no sleep. They found him died on a toilet.
:eek:

natstar said:
Once last year I was sleeping , when i heard noises outside, thought it was just moths, so i went back to sleep, then i heard this tapping at my window, and i got freaked out, so i stuck my head under my blankets, then i heard the tap again and i looked up to see this guys head, and i screamed the place down. he was like NATALIE DO YOU HAVE ANY BEERS!!!. it was one of the americans, pissed as hell. I think i woke everyone up tho with my scream, it was funny shit
lol that would have been freaky!

Lexicographer said:
Um apparently people were peeping through cracks in the shower doors (between door and wall, obviously) so some girls got a little freaked.
argh! imagine if someone installed a hidden camera in the showers

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
chookyn said:
*shudders* suicide?
No, it was a pre-existing medical condition.

Oh another interesting event involves cultural differences. See in some countries they use holes in the ground as a toilet, and well our shower drains look almost the same.

And if you have a sink in your room, yes, what you think someone has done has probably been done. Drunks are lazy.

I've got heaps of war stories from various colleges i've been at :) Don't get me started on the food hehe.

noneother said:
some random korean guy was playing games straight for 3 or more days with no sleep. They found him died on a toilet.
Computer games are massive in Korea, they dominate nearly all MMORPGs such as World of Warcraft. The really good players make a lot of money at it and do sold out tournaments and have corporate teams.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
natstar said:
Do you have showers that everyone uses? Im so glad we have private showers
Colleges tend to have a number of people sharing bathrooms. In my block there are six of us sharing a bathroom, with two toilets, two showers and three sinks. Other blocks have up to twelve sharing the bathroom (larger, of course, but lower person to shower ratio).

Keen

MD
HSC
chookyn said:
argh! imagine if someone installed a hidden camera in the showers
Hmn, happened at my college (in Adelaide) last year. And the funny thing is that it isn't illegal (due to SA laws - especially as there was no sound attached) so the person never got caught.

Keen

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Keen said:
Hmn, happened at my college (in Adelaide) last year. And the funny thing is that it isn't illegal (due to SA laws - especially as there was no sound attached) so the person never got caught.

Keen
Surely it would have been a contravention of College policy though? They must have a charter of resident rights, including privacy. If anyone did that in my college they'd be ejected immediately.

Keen

MD
HSC
Yeah, it's at Lincoln (great college) - having a ball.
They'd probably be but you can't know whether it was a college person, some police speculations are at an outsider who might have lived next door in the adjacent units.
But according to the state law it's legal, but they didn't bother chasing it, but I have my suspicions but we won't go there.

Keen

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
A friend of mine got followed inside by a ranting hobo who just got on the lift and pushed level 8 then stood in the corridor ranting until someone called UTS security. Then a week later there was this weird stoned guy walking around the corridor looking lost.... he walked in to a wall at the end of the corridor..... but he quite possibly could have been a resident or a UTS student......

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
lol - scary stuff! *shudders* at week old dead body... eww!

actually on this thurs night/fri morning just past, the fire alarm went off TWICE, once at 12:30am, again at 1:45am. About 25mins after the first time, about 20-30 guys came running over and pelted water bombs at us (we were assembled in the 'safety zone', so were pretty vulnerable!) And of course we were all wearing either PJs or dressing gowns, so it wasn't a very dignified moment as we scrambled back to the foyer!

then the fire trucks came out (they had to come out twice in one night - lol! except the college gets huge callout fees for this)

of course there was no fire, but the computer room did smell hot and electrical, and the detectors are very sensitive, so we turned all the computers off...

but yeah... some of the firemen were young and hawt :D i wouldn't mind being rescued by them anyday! ;)

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
lol our fire alarm goes off all the time.... some of the international students don't know how to use western appliances.... like someone put pork chops in the toaster because they thought it was a vertical grill and set off the fire alarm.... they did this twice by the way, setting the alarm off twice...... or someone who tried to use the rice cooker without putting the bowl thing that the rice goes in in it so all the rice burned on to the heating element..... then there are all the stoned americans baking hash cookies at all times of night and burning them, setting off the alarm. Also, people cook at weird hours and set off the alarm..... sometimes the alarm malfunctions and just goes off lol. Sooooooo annoying.

Because we are on a main road, when the alarm goes off we are all standing around in our PJs grumbling and swearing..... it must look so weird to people who drive past.

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
lol our fire alarm goes off all the time.... some of the international students don't know how to use western appliances.... like someone put pork chops in the toaster because they thought it was a vertical grill and set off the fire alarm.... they did this twice by the way, setting the alarm off twice...... or someone who tried to use the rice cooker without putting the bowl thing that the rice goes in in it so all the rice burned on to the heating element..... then there are all the stoned americans baking hash cookies at all times of night and burning them, setting off the alarm. Also, people cook at weird hours and set off the alarm..... sometimes the alarm malfunctions and just goes off lol. Sooooooo annoying.

Because we are on a main road, when the alarm goes off we are all standing around in our PJs grumbling and swearing..... it must look so weird to people who drive past.
Haha fire alarms at Gumal must really suck. Having to stand around Broadway at night isn't too bad (since everyone does it anyway) but PJs...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)