Dot point from 9.3.4 (1 Viewer)

stargaze

HSC
Choose equipment and perform a first-hand investigation and performa first hand investigation to identify the pH of a range of salt solutions

Could someone elaborate a bit on this, I can't seem to find my prac sheet on this...

And while I'm here... from the same dot point

Perform a first-hand invesitgation to determine the concentration of a domestic acidic substance using computer-based technologies

I used to leave those type of dotpoints out, then I realized they actually tested why molecular models and computer visualizations are effective (from 9.2 i think)...

Thanks~

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Basically, the first one involves reacting weak and strong acids with each other, that is - weak + weak, weak + strong, strong + weak and strong + strong, and using suitable means such as pH meters and indicators to measure or estimate the pH of salt solutions formed.

I'm guessing the second one involves testing household acidic substances such as vinegar and fruit juice, which contain (respectively) acetic and citric acids, with pH meters.

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
The salt solutions we tested were:
Potassium nitrate (slightly acidic) pH 6
Ammonium Chloride (acidic) pH 5
Ammonium Sulfate (acidic) pH5
Sodium Hydrogen carbonate (basic) pH8
Soduim Acetate (basic) pH8
Sodium Carbonate (basic) pH11

we used universal indicator paper which is a bit dodgy but those values are resonably accurate.

With the salt solutions u need to think about what is constituting them,
sorry i cant find an example now and i dont want to give u wrong info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)