Double degree in law (1 Viewer)

t0234

HSC
N/A
So I like science but also want to do law. Just wondering of career prospects/any benefits in doing med science/law and I want to work as a lawyer Is it pretty much just the same as if you do a normal law degree or are there any benefits lof med sci/law?

quickoats

HSC
So I like science but also want to do law. Just wondering of career prospects/any benefits in doing med science/law and I want to work as a lawyer Is it pretty much just the same as if you do a normal law degree or are there any benefits lof med sci/law?
For undergrads Law is generally combined with another degree e.g. Commerce, Arts, Science. Depending on the combo this could be purely out of interest or might contribute to your law career e.g. Arts(history) and Law might be doing history for fun but Com Law might be good for going into taxation and corporate law. If you’re interested in science and think it’ll be interesting then go for it! If there’s some niche law practice that dips into science (patents? bioethics? big pharma?) then that’s a bonus.

t0234

HSC
N/A
For undergrads Law is generally combined with another degree e.g. Commerce, Arts, Science. Depending on the combo this could be purely out of interest or might contribute to your law career e.g. Arts(history) and Law might be doing history for fun but Com Law might be good for going into taxation and corporate law. If you’re interested in science and think it’ll be interesting then go for it! If there’s some niche law practice that dips into science (patents? bioethics? big pharma?) then that’s a bonus.
Ok thank you, do you know if there's a difference in doing med sci/law and just sci/law because I got both and now am not sure which one to do

quickoats

HSC
Ok thank you, do you know if there's a difference in doing med sci/law and just sci/law because I got both and now am not sure which one to do
Depends on the uni I guess? Medsci and Sci will have different majors so if you want to do like maths/ physics they are not accessible in medsci so you'd have to do just science. Note that some majors may overlap (something like neuroscience will appear in both) so in that case theyre the same (ish) or just very slightly different. In a double degree you would only have ONE science major rather than a double major like other people so it's all depending on that one extra thing you want to study.

t0234

HSC
N/A
Depends on the uni I guess? Medsci and Sci will have different majors so if you want to do like maths/ physics they are not accessible in medsci so you'd have to do just science. Note that some majors may overlap (something like neuroscience will appear in both) so in that case theyre the same (ish) or just very slightly different. In a double degree you would only have ONE science major rather than a double major like other people so it's all depending on that one extra thing you want to study.
it's for Macquarie, thank you so much!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)