Dr Du entrance exam (1 Viewer)

Scimat

HSC
Hey everyone.
So I am considering applying to dr Du and I have a test. I'm in year 9 right now, doing accelerated at Ngo and sons. I told the receptionist that (didn't tell her at Ngo and sons tho, if that changes anything) and she told me that my test will the include mostly year 10 and some year 11 content. Does anyone know what the test might include, and how to prepare for it. Also, is there anything else I should know before entering

treasurefortrash

HSC
I don't think too difficult things
- Asymptotes, graphing rational functions + factorised functions
- Long division
- Inverse functions, reflections over axes

Coord geo is pretty much the same as what you learn in years 7-9 at school and probably at truongs as well

I doubt the logarithms section is that difficult or if it involves anything more than a graph and basic properties.

I forgot if there was a separate component concerned with other geometry or algebra. I don't think they included polynomials or proportions. It's a 3 part quiz.

Year 11 is honestly where it starts getting difficult but they've only just finished trig identities (compound angle formulas, t-method, auxiliary angle, etc.) and they don't update their exams for a while (i know this because i did the exam again at the start of this year again because i quit and it was pretty similar in difficulty)
I don't actually remember a trig component now that I think of it, because they had only covered basic trig when I sat the exam (I ended up skipping the dr du year 10 course so idk much with regard to their syllabus except from friends)

Scimat

HSC
Yep thanks for that. I think I'm good with the year 10 section, but the year 11 section will be death. If you find out anything new from friends or anything please tell me it means so much. Thanks

wzsmartypants

HSC
for yr 11 also addition and subtraction of graphs and the stretching, reflecting and shifting. im in y9 as well and currently doing extension 1 maths at du. exact same situation mate

Scimat

HSC
for yr 11 also addition and subtraction of graphs and the stretching, reflecting and shifting. im in y9 as well and currently doing extension 1 maths at du. exact same situation mate
Do you mean like addition of ordinates and stuff. Btw are you done with the extension 1 course now, and which class are you in

wzsmartypants

HSC
Do you mean like addition of ordinates and stuff. Btw are you done with the extension 1 course now, and which class are you in
im in 10b lol I did the y9 entrance test in y7 XD. no like f(x)+g(x) that kinda stuff

wzsmartypants

HSC
im in y10 class but in t4 we do y11, like how we did y10 in t4 when we were in y9

Scimat

HSC
Btw are you in the discord that was made from the selective thread, if yes can you send me some examples of composite functions so ik how to prepare

Scimat

HSC
Or some other questions from different topics to see the difficulty please

Scimat

HSC
i thought u said u go baulko? or am i mistaking u with someone else
I believe you're mistaken. Do you have any thoughts about Dr du or their entrance exam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)