• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

dr du entrance test (2 Viewers)

jajabi

HSC
hi guys im gonna do the dr du entrance exam in a few weeks and i was wondering what topics might appear 😭
im going into yr 11 next yr and i know they have learnt ext 1 content already and I haven't gotten to most of it
i can't take the test during this holidays because im gonna be in another state so should i even take it without knowing the topics well ?

😭

C_master

HSC
hi guys im gonna do the dr du entrance exam in a few weeks and i was wondering what topics might appear 😭
im going into yr 11 next yr and i know they have learnt ext 1 content already and I haven't gotten to most of it
i can't take the test during this holidays because im gonna be in another state so should i even take it without knowing the topics well ?

😭
Idk about year 11 but I did the yr 10 one last year and I must say some of the questions were goofy; I initially made it into A2

C_master

HSC
A1 is a pain in the ass; the amount of homework we get is 😭😭

jajabi

HSC
okk do you think ext 1 topics will appear on the test?
also does the amount of hw take away a lot from school work?
ty

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
ty
Firstly, I believe that the test will have year 11 content I remember when I joined for year 10 they had perms and combs/probability as a question towards the end. For ext 1 cover Vieta's formulas in poly, probs some basic perms and combs, and sketching. Secondly, the homework in B and A3 is just around 6 pages I believe with 2 pages of optional at the back. A2 gets a bit worse and A1 will take a chunk out of your week for sure.

C_master

HSC
Firstly, I believe that the test will have year 11 content I remember when I joined for year 10 they had perms and combs/probability as a question towards the end. For ext 1 cover Vieta's formulas in poly, probs some basic perms and combs, and sketching. Secondly, the homework in B and A3 is just around 6 pages I believe with 2 pages of optional at the back. A2 gets a bit worse and A1 will take a chunk out of your week for sure.
Indeed

C_master

HSC
ty
When I did the entrance back in Yr 9 it did have Yr 10 stuff in it but I don't vaguely remember much - So there is a chance that it would have Year 11 stuff in it but nothing too extreme yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)