Dream Interpretation? (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I know this is a little random, but I didn't want to put it out there for the rest of BoS to get to... I much prefer our nice little group! ;)

So, I had a dream last night about snakes, and I've procrastinated all morning looking for some meaning to it, but nothing. I was wondering whether anyone here uses a dream dictionary, or can/knows anyone who can?

It was about snakes. I was at my parents place, and it was just my mum and I, plus the cat. And we were inside the kitchen, and there was this massive - I'm talking like 10 metres long - fat FAT snake along the window sill. It was kinda splodgy brown and freen in colour and had a red head. But they weren't venomous, it was eating the leaves off the trees (but mum told me it bit the cat).

and then I look outside, and Steve is driving up the driveway with one of my brothers in the car, and there is ANOTHER massive snake outside, hanging from the trees. Steve drove over part of it because it was across the driveway, but it didn't attack or anything. So I go to open the backdoor, and notice a little fat black snake (maybe 30 cm long) on the ground, and it starts to grow. So I hurry them inside, and shut the door (neither Steve or my brother were concerned about the snakes!).

i started getting a bit worried, because I thought it would be gross if they came into the house, so I started putting towels along the bottom of the doors and windows so they couldn't get in. No sooner had I done this that another, smaller snake came in somehow.

And then I woke up.

I wasn't at all frightened, I just thought it was gross to have all these fat, long snakes everywhere.

I know you're supposed to take into account your feelings and stuff during your waking life. I suppose I'm a little stressed, but not too greatly. And I am waiting on hearing back for a job which I really REALLY want, but I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with how long its taking. And I quit my job (happily) yesterday.

So, Dr Freud, what does it mean? :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Dreams of snakes have very different interpretations, some of the most common ones state that a snake is a symbol of transformation; different cultures saw different transformations portrayed by the snake. It might be that the snake represents a transition from life to death, a passing into a new stage in life or even the rebirth of someone's personality.
http://www.meaningofadream.com/dream-snake.php

Looks like a good source of dream reading!

And that sounds kinda good compared to my one, I think I dreamt myself inside a horror/thriller movie and got pwned by some guy at the end. Was awesome.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
I once had a dream where I woke up, saw that it was 3:30am and then went back to sleep. Which is pretty odd, coz not only am I awake at 3:30am every day, but having a dream where I dream about myself waking up is really odd lol.

CieL

HSC
Haha interesting! I'm surprised you remembered it so vividly. As I don't remember 99.99% of my dreams, and if I do when I wake up I forget it within 5-10mins and can't recall any of it throughout the day even if I tried.

According to http://dream.dictionary-dream.info/content/view/1872/ dreams about snakes are common =S hmm..

To dream of snakes, is a foreboding of evil in its various forms and stages.

To dream that a common spotted snake approaches you from green herbs, and you quickly step aside as it passes you, and after you had forgotten the incident to again see it approaching and growing in dimensions as it nears you, finally taking on the form of an enormous serpent; if you then, after frantic efforts, succeed in escaping its attack, and altogether lose sight of it, it foretells that you will soon imagine you are being disobeyed and slighted, and things will go on from bad to worse. Sickness, uneasiness and unkindness will increase to frightful proportions in your mind; but they will adjust themselves to a normal basis, and by the putting aside of imaginary trouble, and masterfully shouldering duties, you will be contented and repaid.

To see them bite others, foretells that some friend will be injured and criticised by you.

To see little snakes, denotes you will entertain persons with friendly hospitality who will secretly defame you and work to overthrow your growing prospects.
lol just don't start warping your mind and making yourself believe something negative is going to happen. Otherwise it will.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Doesn't have to be negative, it has positive connotations as well, transitions and whatnot..going from one job to the next.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Thanks guys!

haha I'm hoping its the positive side of things, like Asy said... the (hopefully) new job and all. I'll just keep telling myself that!

Ciel, I always remember my dreams. Its odd for me not to remember at least one every morning when I wake up. I always bother Steve with the great details of them, but he's usually still half-asleep when I start ranting :p

Asy, your dream sounds cool! I want an action/horror dream like that. It would be awesome!

I watched Oprah today, it was on night terrors, and man can those people scream! Its a bit scary really, because they all look like zombies!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Rofl, wasn't really much fun in the dream, I think I had just finished watching a Resident Evil video before going to bed, so zombies/vampire things were running rampant and pwning the shit out of everybody. Then as I was about to wake up, and found myself in a rather 'calm' situation (I think the horror elements got totally sidetracked at this stage and it was onto another story) but by the end of it, I had the main vampire guy say something in the dark and I was trying to push him off but he ended up biting my neck.

Must say if I ever make a movie, I'm totally doing that, was a hella good ending. But the main vampire guy turned out to be one of my puppies Chelsea who'd snuck into my room, jumped onto my bed and was proceeding to lick my neck/ear.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hrrm i dont really believe in dream interpretation and all of that jazz although those sound very freudian :p and i should probably half belief in them since im half of a psyche student :p

I think dreams are just your mind playing out random stories which stem from the last thing you thought of before you got to sleep.

Mine are anyway... eg I dreamt a little while ago that I was walking down the streets of france ... when i think the last thought i had before sleeping was something mundane like "maybe" i'll walk down to the post office when i get up in the morning instead of driving.

Boring i know ... hehe sorry MJ

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Actually, I might add another one of my dreams here. I once had a dream that me and my dad went down to Bonnyrigg shops to buy some weed. At Big W they had none, but then we went back into the parking lot and saw one of my schoolmates (who IS a pothead) and had a car full of it, and sold us some and me and my dad went home.

It was a really weird dream, especialy since the topic of drugs didn't come up that entire day.

I rarely dream though... Since I sleep in small intervals, I'm barely asleep long enough to dream :(

HSC
N/A
Unless you see people who you know have passed, I generally believe that the concept of the dream tends to be more important than specific details. Especially if you haven't seen any snakes recently, you might just be anxious (especially if this is how you would be acting in reality), so your subconscious is obliging you.

Remember that in dreams like this, you always have an option to 'fight back'. If you find yourself in one of those downward spiral dreams where things just keep getting worse, trust in your abilities. Usually when bad things 'continue to happen somehow' it suggests that you don't believe you are strong enough to combat your fears.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
I don't have anything particularly exciting to say, but I've got that 'cyan it appears that you haven't participated in any discussion for several weeks' BOS message. So in order to get rid of it i'll post something..

snakes = phallus.
lol jamie :p

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Lol Jamie. ...I don't know if I should read into your phallus comment personally. Hmm. *insecurity*

MaryJane said:
I always bother Steve with the great details of them, but he's usually still half-asleep when I start ranting :p
Half asleep? I could have sworn it was a dream, when every morning I'd wake up to you ranting at me...

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Has anyone else here ever encountered sleep paralysis or lucid dreaming?

I've had both of these in the past and continue to get hallucinogenic sleep paralysis on a regular basis.

I can't sleep on my back because of it. I'll wake up in the middle of the night, terrified and unable to breathe, with a faceless glowing being about the size of a baby sitting on my chest staring at me.

Other times I wake up convinced that someone is watching me from the doorway of the room but I can't move to see who or what it is.

It's the trippiest thing. I've had it ever since I was young, yet it only happens when I sleep on my back, I sleep on my side or stomach and I don't get it.

Alright, back to studying!

rwc

HSC
isnt lucid dreaming when you can control your actions in a dream or something .. ive heard of it before very interesting stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)