Driving Manual cars (1 Viewer)

integral95

HSC
Hey so I just got my Ls and like my mum owns a manual car (a 15 year old toyota starlett lol), while my dad owns a toyota corrola which is automatic

Now the thing is my dad is mostly out at work so most of the time i could only drive my mum's manual car.

I only just started learning to drive it and it's a massive trek....

who ever drives manual.....how did you get through it?

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
Learning manual is a good skill..... and i would like to learn..... (but my car is auto, tho)....

I hope your not driving in the city or whatever..... that would be a nightmare.....

integral95

HSC
lol im just learning on a clear traffic at the moment, even then my car engine dies cause I can't kick off the car properly, causing cars behind me to sound their horns repeatedly.

How is it a good skill exactly?

Kittikhun

HSC
Driving manual, while difficult, is also a good skill to learn if you plan on driving trucks or joining Fire and Rescue NSW, NSW Rural Fire Service or the ADF since most if not all medium rigid vehicles and heavier are of manual transmission. Furthermore, if you plan to visit Europe or live there, most cars are of manual transmission instead of automatic over there. Plus, driving manual is quite fun, stimulating, and rewarding if traffic isn't heavy and you're driving on flat road. It also feels bad ass when you change gears smoothly, especially from gear 3 to gear 4.

I reckon that it's probably best to practise as much as possible the restarting of the car right after stalling as quickly as possible until it becomes second nature and part of muscle memory so that the cars behind you won't get pissed off waiting a while for you to restart your vehicle; you will stall a lot until you get used to the clutch (it took me a month before I stopped stalling the car occasionally). But once you stop stalling, it's all good and fun until you get to reverse parking and hilly stuff.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Personally I didn't find it too difficult to learn, just practice practice practice.

braintic

HSC
N/A
Your mum drives a manual while your dad drives a pissy automatic? Who wears the boots in your house?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)