• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

dropping 2u to general (1 Viewer)

HSC
it's now term one of 2004 but we all know year 12 course started last year...so i should drop from 2u to general now, before the half yearlies, right???

pros and cons please

hard for me to catch up??

disadvantaged if i go to uni...as in make it harder for myself...say if i was gonna do accounting...and i went for cadetship interviews...would it disadvantage me??

....how bout any course in uni...will it kill me cause i did general??

i really dont like 2u...and it's the only subject i dont like....will general scale me down?? if i do good in general is it better than if i go crap in 2u??

Please Help !! i wana make the right decision

thanks...

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
There are disadvantages obviously in terms of maths knowledge, and decreasing your scalibility in terms of a UAI (not that that should be a driving factor).

The only advantage is that a far better mark in genral is better than a lousy mark in 2u, but I don't know what makes you think that if you drop to general you will enjoy it more?

sunny

meh.
HSC
If you end up picking a degree with assumed knowledge of at least 2u maths, they uni might want tyou to take a maths bridging course - which you'll have to pay for. I remember my friend, who dropped out of 3u maths to 2u tell me once....

"I so regret dropping out of 3 unit now.....should've done it in high school, now I have to pay to do it.."

But this is coming from a guy who was capable of 3u but was too lazy.

Winston

HSC
I'd advise you to try your best and stick with 2 unit, General to me contains a very different range of contents, which is far different compared to 2 Unit, i know that alot of people did worse dropping to General in my school because they got screwed over with all these new terms they had no idea about.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
If i were u i'd stick with 2 unit maths...General Maths, to me, is totally different from 2unit Maths-- i think it's not any easier, just different...so i'd say u'd be better off staying in 2unit Maths.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i think u shud do 2u , coz there were ppl in my yr who thought dat general is easier than 2u , they dropped to general but later regretted!! also i think general is much harder than 2u!! well , this is wat i feel, but my advice to u is to stick with 2u!!

goodluck!!

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
general is prolly harder than 2u...trust me if u had at least a band 4 in Maths School C then do 2unit or greater! in 2u u prolly need to mostly work on ur algebra...thats what most people find hard...and if u think ur good at algebra go to 3u maths...its all about determination and hard work, good luck :).

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hey guess what [4m th4 8ur82] ?
i dropped 2u to general too.
not the fact its hard the fact im lazy to do my work
which pulls my mark down!!
do what suits you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)