dropping subject....helpppp! (1 Viewer)

hsccccc2020

HSC
Hey guys,
I'm completing my HSC this year and currently have 13 units. I desperately need to drop a subject in order to have more study periods and better manage my time. I currently do English, adv maths, bio, geography, ancient history, business and SOR 1
I do relatively well in all my subjects, except adv maths. It is the subject I want to drop but the only thing that is stopping me is uni prerequisites, as I'm not sure what I want to do yet.
Is dropping maths okayyyy??

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
However iirc The University of Sydney has placed prerequisites on math for certain degrees such as Engineering and some other courses.

Either way if you want to do STEM I would highly recommend not dropping adv maths even if you don’t do as well in it. In uni it’s much harder to catch up, especially if you don’t have that background of 2u math. Keep in mind first year uni maths is 4U level.

EpicNoob

HSC
However iirc The University of Sydney has placed prerequisites on math for certain degrees such as Engineering and some other courses.

Either way if you want to do STEM I would highly recommend not dropping adv maths even if you don’t do as well in it. In uni it’s much harder to catch up, especially if you don’t have that background of 2u math. Keep in mind first year uni maths is 4U level.
i am changing one of my subjects to IPT do you have any tips for me considering you done IPT in the past?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
i am changing one of my subjects to IPT do you have any tips for me considering you done IPT in the past?
Make sure to memorise the hell out of the Sam D textbook. A lot of the time there is probably too much information in the Sam D textbook so what I recommend and this is what I did is to look at past paper questions specifically for whatever part your reading and make sure to absorb the amount of info from the textbook that is needed in the sample solution.

Use a website called HscSearch to find specific questions for whatever part your reading from the textbook.

EpicNoob

HSC
Make sure to memorise the hell out of the Sam D textbook. A lot of the time there is probably too much information in the Sam D textbook so what I recommend and this is what I did is to look at past paper questions specifically for whatever part your reading and make sure to absorb the amount of info from the textbook that is needed in the sample solution.

Use a website called HscSearch to find specific questions for whatever part your reading from the textbook.
thank you for the tips

vinlatte

HSC
Hey guys,
I'm completing my HSC this year and currently have 13 units. I desperately need to drop a subject in order to have more study periods and better manage my time. I currently do English, adv maths, bio, geography, ancient history, business and SOR 1
I do relatively well in all my subjects, except adv maths. It is the subject I want to drop but the only thing that is stopping me is uni prerequisites, as I'm not sure what I want to do yet.
Is dropping maths okayyyy??
If you really need to keep maths adv, then I would suggest dropping one of your other subjects since they are content heavy. It does help to drop a subject as you'll get more free time to prioritise the subjects that will count towards your goals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)