duke of edinburgh (1 Viewer)

xiiaomeii

HSC
N/A
is DofE worth my time? im in year 9 rn and i was wondering what you would do in it and how much effort + time i would have to put into it and what the outcomes of doing it are. i saw theres like different prestigeslike bronze silver and gold and what does that mean is it the amount of effort you've put in doing community service or something? thanks!!!

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
is DofE worth my time? im in year 9 rn and i was wondering what you would do in it and how much effort + time i would have to put into it and what the outcomes of doing it are. i saw theres like different prestigeslike bronze silver and gold and what does that mean is it the amount of effort you've put in doing community service or something? thanks!!!
def. go silver at least tho. bronze does nothing irrc

moonsuyoung

HSC
Hi!!
I def recommend doing Doe!!
However, Pethmin is right (kinda) because Silver and Gold tend to be considered for University (adjust factor points if I recall correctly), so Bronze is not really worth it in those terms.

However, if you do not do Bronze in Year 9, you have to do extra time (6 months if I again, recall correctly) for Silver and Gold, which will delay your award. Bronze DoE also benefits your resume and it saves you time getting assessors and signing up for your volunteering, physical recreation and skills if you do Silver (because you do not have to repeat the same process again and just continue with what you are doing for Silver).

I don't know how many extracurricular activities you do, how long it takes you to go to school, etc, but I def recommend doing Bronze. I didn't do Bronze since I thought life would get busy, especially with an accelerated course and the time it gets to school, but I still would've had the time to do Bronze. I also recommend it because you get to know your cohort better and the qualifying hike is pretty fun! You can also do volunteering and physical reaction with your friends so it's really fun!!!

xiiaomeii

HSC
N/A
Hi!!
I def recommend doing Doe!!
However, Pethmin is right (kinda) because Silver and Gold tend to be considered for University (adjust factor points if I recall correctly), so Bronze is not really worth it in those terms.

However, if you do not do Bronze in Year 9, you have to do extra time (6 months if I again, recall correctly) for Silver and Gold, which will delay your award. Bronze DoE also benefits your resume and it saves you time getting assessors and signing up for your volunteering, physical recreation and skills if you do Silver (because you do not have to repeat the same process again and just continue with what you are doing for Silver).

I don't know how many extracurricular activities you do, how long it takes you to go to school, etc, but I def recommend doing Bronze. I didn't do Bronze since I thought life would get busy, especially with an accelerated course and the time it gets to school, but I still would've had the time to do Bronze. I also recommend it because you get to know your cohort better and the qualifying hike is pretty fun! You can also do volunteering and physical reaction with your friends so it's really fun!!!
okay so im planning to do it, but i still need to pick what volunteering and skills and physical activity i need to do!!! i think i'm going to to silver. i play the piano so i might sign that off as my skill, but i was wondering if you have any volunteering recommendations i should do?

moonsuyoung

HSC
okay so im planning to do it, but i still need to pick what volunteering and skills and physical activity i need to do!!! i think i'm going to to silver. i play the piano so i might sign that off as my skill, but i was wondering if you have any volunteering recommendations i should do?
Hi!!!
Yess, I also do recommend silver as well!! :D
Hmmm, you can always do it at Vinnies (which is where I do it right now and most of my friends do), crochet/knit teddies for people in different circumstances, create maps, etc! I have attached a link here for more!

xiiaomeii

HSC
N/A
Hi!!!
Yess, I also do recommend silver as well!! :D
Hmmm, you can always do it at Vinnies (which is where I do it right now and most of my friends do), crochet/knit teddies for people in different circumstances, create maps, etc! I have attached a link here for more!

omg thank you so much!!!!!
:kiss:

moonsuyoung

HSC
Always here to help!! :D
Try do volunteering with friends, it makes it more fun!

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
honesgly it depends if u can make time for this award, but if u do wanna do it, go for it its worth it. i am currently doing bronze rn and im enjoying it (except my major 😭)

Gr00by

HSC
Definitely go for it, if you want to do it. Dont end up living with regrets, Im currently completing my silver and starting my gold very soon (hopefully once all paperwork is complete). Honestly, it hasn't been very difficult for me, like I haven't felt any noticeable difference on schooling or life with or without the award in terms of time spent so I didn't mind doing it but its different for everyone.

pogchampion

HSC
100%
I finished Gold and I thought it was a really fun experience.
In the end you need to balance your studies with doing other things, and I guess duke of ed is a 'productive' way of doing exactly that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)