Dumb things you've done on P's (1 Viewer)

beccabum

hung up
in the outer suburbs of the middle of nowhere
HSC
The stupid things you do don't stop once you switch from Ls to Ps. If anything, I reckon you get worse (or at least i did..)

So, in the tradition of the "Dumb things you've done on L's" thread, spill about all those things you wish you'd rather forget. Or are quite proud to brag about.

For me, it was only the other day that I almost ran over a trolley boy when i was reversing out of the local supermarket carpark. I had my body twisted so i could see behind so i didn't have my foot over the right pedal. Then I slammed on what i assumed were the brakes, but was actually the accelerator. So then I had to brake really hard and made the make a funny noise. Whoops. And then I noticed a scared looking trolley boy about a metre from the car. Hehe whoops again!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Mine is merely forgetting to check my blind spots..many a close call.

nicksta_40

HSC
when im looking over my shoulder checking blind spot and waiting 4 space to change lanes, the car drifts, many a close call too...

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
In the first month of getting my P's I thought it'd be a great idea to take a sharp corner on a busy street at 60-70 in the wet.

I ran off the road. Thank God it was quiet that night, and that the telegraph pole was two metres further up the road. In a way I'm glad it happened, because now I know the consequences of driving stupidly.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
about a month in2 havin my ps while i was supposed 2 be at school and instead on a 'maccas run' my car decided 2 introduce itself to a brand new bmw with 57, yes, 57 kms on it's bumber, lukcily did shit all damage but was still $500 worth......

little mummas boy driver as well, fuk he pissed me off, lol

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Not me (I'm still on L's); but one of the teachers from school!

She parked her car and forgot to put the handbrake on! It rolled down a hill into heaps of cars! :rolleyes:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
haha, the place I volunteer at, one of the staff parked out the front, which is kinda on a mounded driveway, and didn't put the handbrake on (the bit she parked on was on the plateau of the mound), and it somehow ran down the mound into a brick wall, taking out quite a few of the bricks with it

EDIT: company car, too!

s0k0y0e0

HSC
he he; it's funny what people do, even when they've got driving 'experience'!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i park too close to gutters, i stall when im trying to reverse up out of a park thats on a hill, only kind of crash thing thats happened is on the 2nd day i had my P's i was driving in a underground car park and it was heaps busy so i quickly took the first park i could see (next to a pole) and i swiped the side of the car against the pole......was my parents car too.. they werent happy

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Hmm well late at night when no one's around on the suburbs I just zoom through roundabouts at about 60 though I still look right to make sure no one's coming.
And I sometimes take corners at 60 when I'm by myself (late at night as well) just to try and get the the tires to screech heh.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
not saying this at all to show off...it was actually very scary and i am glad it happened

i was on my L's and our car was in for service so we had this little 1980 rear wheel drive skyline as a replacement for a couple days. Anyway my bro took me in it for a drive and my cousin was in the back and u could fishtail around corners just by accelerating out of them at like 20 kp/h cause the tyres were crap and it was rear wheel drive. ANyways it was fun n stuff and its pretty easy to control a fish tail, however i went around this corner in a pretty narrow street.
turned left into the street, so the back of the car fishtailed out to the right, u get fooled by the direction the car is going because it is actually going straight but u are like anlged across the road. there was a parked car so i thought we were going for it wen really wwe were just skidding stright up the street on a tilt, so i swung the wheel back around to the right. the whole car fishtailed out to he left, did a 180 (like turning 180 degrees not flipping over) and we ended up facing the other way, like towards the direction we were coming from, all in like the space of 3 seconds and in a 3m width. the wheels slammed into the curb once we had spun around and the car just stopped and everyone was fine cause it was pretty minor. but it really gave me a shock and i've never done anything silly ever again in a car except go from A to B.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i'd advise people that the media lurks in these parts and may use ur comments to further slander the reputation of P platers

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
_muse_ said:
i park too close to gutters, i stall when im trying to reverse up out of a park thats on a hill, only kind of crash thing thats happened is on the 2nd day i had my P's i was driving in a underground car park and it was heaps busy so i quickly took the first park i could see (next to a pole) and i swiped the side of the car against the pole......was my parents car too.. they werent happy
Hahah omg are u serious...the exact same thing happened to me...it was also the 2nd day I had my Ps, also in an underground carpark, I also swiped a pole and it was also my parents' (well dad's) car. How much damage did you do to the car? I only ended up scraping some paint off (I think I dented it but the car un-dented itself when I came away from the pole).

Also had a close call when I parked at uni, cos the spaces there are fucking tiny, i ended up parking about 2 inches from a pilon and had A LOT of trouble getting out :(

Luckily have never crashed though

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
gordo said:
it really gave me a shock and i've never done anything silly ever again in a car except go from A to B.
Really, I didn't know going from A to B was silly??! :p

Kazaf

HSC
I was driving and singing at the same time, following a freind.
He was turning into the street from the main road, i was following him as said, I didnt slow down and hit him behind.
I braked hard and it was a small crash, no dents.

Dont sing and drive!!

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
Well i havent had a crash yet (*crosses fingers*) but ive a fair few close calls!

As someone said earlier about checking for blind spots and then the car drifting, i do the same but its when i check the mirrors, and my car needs a wheel alignment something chronic... your arms get tired from driving cause the pull to the left is strong enough to tire your arms out if you drive for long enough.

Another time was when i was near my house... its a intersection with 2 lanes each way, but then the lines stop and the road goes narrow (so it becomes 1 lane)[no signs either!] and some guy was in front of me in the left lane and he went to turn into a street to the left, so i went in the next lane to overtake him but that was just at the place where the road became narrow!! A car coming towards me swerved a bit to get out of the way lol. I spose it didnt help that they guy going around the corner was doing like 5ks!!!!!

Oh and something that always give me the jitters is when i change gears and i sorta dont push the clutch down fair enough and you hear that really loud crunch noise!! I hate it, but ive only done it a couple of times.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I was backing out of my driveway and I hit the bin, cause my bro put it right up against the driveway instead of a bit off to the side. No damage, and it wasn't my car anyway it was my mum's who was overseas.

Carlito

HSC
I ran a red light once,... and realised half way through so I reversed back!

It was late at night and I was watching the light for traffic going the other way go red, so I assumed my light went green and didnt bother to look until I was half way through the intersection. I think a crosswalk was activated or something and the whole intersection went red.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Carlito said:
I ran a red light once,... and realised half way through so I reversed back!

It was late at night and I was watching the light for traffic going the other way go red, so I assumed my light went green and didnt bother to look until I was half way through the intersection. I think a crosswalk was activated or something and the whole intersection went red.
You could of just kept going through, the other peope don't get green instantly after you get red.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)