dvd burner speed issues (1 Viewer)

vizman

HSC
hey guys, i've got a DVD burner which i know is 16X, its an LG model one, it came as a part of the computer which i brought. however, recently i've started burning DVDs, it seems the Nero only detects it can go up to 4X - i brought TDK DVDS which go up to 16X, any ideas?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Max burn speeds are only theoretical maximums. The actual burn speed will depend on a variety of factors, including the way the drive burns the disc, the flow of data to the drive, the part of the disc being burnt, etc.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Burn speeds are also limited by the maximum speed of the DVD disk itself. You cant burn at 16x if the DVD allows only 4X write.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
bsci: He has TDK 16x DVDs

It could also be the dvd-drive itself not being able to read the information on the disks and not being able to burn at the right speeds, what model is it? Usually firmware flashes help these, but are dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, effectively destroying your drive.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
im not sure.. but just make ure nero is updated.. cos back in the day... i remember 4x was the limit.. cos the old nero couldnt do the 8x..

double check the model number on the unit too..

thats all i can think of

antman102

HSC
There's also a difference between reading the disc at 16X, and burning it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)