Early mornings, or late nights? (1 Viewer)

jenga218

HSC
When you have an assignment due that you may have put off or not had the chance to work on, do you find you get more work done when you stay up until all hours of the night, or when you get up early in the mornings?

I prefer late nights. I'm not pushing a time limit as badly then - in the morning, whether you're finished or not, you have to leave for school at a certain time. I also find it easier to stay awake when I've already been awake all day. In the morning I'm still to groggy from having just woken up.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
late nights - i cant wake up early in the morning
but i always finish assignments a few days before its due so it doesn't matter anyway

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I wake up early in the morning. But different things work for different people. :)

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
If I'm not finished by 12 o'clock, I sleep for 3-4 hours then wake up and finish it in the early morning.

allira92

HSC
yeah i tend to pull the late/ all nighter its not as time restricted as early mornings, i usually do a 2-230 finish and if i only have a small bit left like the bibliography or something, i get up earlier to finish it off

Hypermelon

HSC
early in the morning. i find my brain fizzles out if i stay up too late

but sometimes i worry that my alarm wont go off :S

technicolour

HSC
Late nights. It's too stressful to do it in the mornings, knowing that you're on a really specific time limit.

Nyxie

HSC
Definitely nights- if I get into the assignment then I don't even mind that it's the middle of the night and it becomes easier to post-pone drowsiness. Mornings just make me freak out! :cook:

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I'm aiming to avoid this scenario this year, haha, but last year I was definitely a fan of late nights.

Late nights are virtually endless. Even if you don't sleep, you still seem to have a lot more time than mornings. I couldn't stand to wake up early having that pressure on me.

flightlessbird

HSC
I wouldn't be able to sleep, knowing that I haven't finished an assessment task that is due the following day, so definitely late nights.

Tofuu

HSC
late nights, i would find it impossible to work in the mornings

allira92

HSC
have noticed that most of the people who hav posted have a written major work involved in their subjects... looks like where in for many all-nighters throughout the year

flightlessbird

HSC
have noticed that most of the people who hav posted have a written major work involved in their subjects... looks like where in for many all-nighters throughout the year
Probably - unless we learn how to manage our time properly.
*sigh*

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I have never ever stayed up all night doing an assignment in Year 11 before, but I have in the junior years. I stayed up to 3:00 am finishing an assignment in Year 9.

It's all about how you manage your time. If you work consistently, you won't have to stay up all night or wake up early in the morning to finish an assignment.

Don't procrastinate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)