Earphones and/or headphones (1 Viewer)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
How come when i listen to music on my mp3, every say 6 months or so my earphones die?

Not die but hear me out.

One ear (usually the left earpiece) starts to deteriorate significiantly in sound quality until the music i'm playing can't be heard, or if it does, is very erratic i.e. works sometimes when holding the earphones close together while tuning out when i'm walking.

And i've found that it has happened to my sony, ipod AND toshiba earphones. wtf? does anyone know of any reasonably priced earphones (<$30) which i could get that won't develop this problem?

And if i already have this problem, what can i do to ensure the sound is always played? Do magnets, washing the earphones, plugging the earphones into a socket (or any other procedure) help?

thanks

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
I get this too. I have a theory. Are you right handed? Do you listen to it a lot when you are studying (more importantly writting)?

If so, I reckon because you have the left hand free, you fiddle around with the wiring by poking the left earpiece back in. Thus, it fucks up.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
yeah i'm right-handed

stupid earphone manufacturers. its more like i put my mp3 in my left pants pocket and so my hand glances the left earphone wiring when i skip songs, increase volume etc.

hey what earphones would you recommend then RC masters?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I own a sennheiser headphones and ear phoens. They are brilliant, i had the ear phone for about 1 year, works perfect, and the headphones i got for about 1/2 year, also in perfect condidtion. I have never seen sennheiser headphones on sale( i got it wid my MP3), if u can get yourself one, i would say they are pretty good.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
If you want the best, try a pair of Shure E4c, although they're worth a king's ransom.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Templar said:
If you want the best, try a pair of Shure E4c, although they're worth a king's ransom.
and if you want 90% of that quality for less than 30% of the price get the sennheiser cx300

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)