EAS and Cut Offs (1 Viewer)

adamj

The UAI cut-offs are accessible now, but how is the EAS cut-off known, is there a special cut-off list published, or is it with our offers. Also are EAS offers made in the main round offers or do we need to wait for late round.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
there is no such thing as EAS cutoffs
if u got in on EAS, u will find out on monday when the offers are released

adamj

I suppose I should be more specific, some universities (in fact I think all) have a limit they can accept from, e.g. law I think at Usyd was from 95 or so.

But thanks for the info. I hope no one else is relying on EAS for Social Science at UNSW.

adamj

My hope is that those applying aren't those who can get the service on technicalities like (a holiday), but instead real difficulties.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
EAS = Educational Accesss Scheme

from UAC website
Educational Access Schemes/Special consideration

Most institutions participating in UAC have Educational Access Schemes (EAS) or special consideration for applicants who have experienced long-term educational disadvantage.

It gives u a couple of UAI points which helps u get into your prefered course.

Such as ..my UAI is 94.80 and the cut off for commerce at USYD is 95.05...so i'd get 0.25 points to get into commerce.

Last edited:

adamj

Enak, would you know if these cut-offs mean that if someone were between the EAS cut-off and the general UAI Cut-off, does that mean they are in that course, or does it mean that is the minimum UAI?

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Enak, would you know if these cut-offs mean that if someone were between the EAS cut-off and the general UAI Cut-off, does that mean they are in that course, or does it mean that is the minimum UAI?
Basically if you didn't make the course in the general HECS cutoff, then you get a chance for the EAS cutoff, and thats also ranked. If you don't make either, then they go on and check your second preference and so forth

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i dont think there are cut offs, i think they just take the top EAS people, offer them however many places they have and thats it. So if u were trying to get into a course of UAI 95.00, and 10 EAS applicants had UAI's of 94.95 and all applied for your course, then they would get in, and any EAS applicants below that would miss out. So u cant just assume that if u got a 91 or 92 etc that u will still make it into the course through EAS, it all depends on the demand of EAS applicants for the particular course.

Ribbon

yes they do have 'minumum cutoffs' though I didn't know they were published. Most universities have a number of places reserved for EAS students (eg 10) and a limit to how low below the cutoff (eg 5 points) so, for example, in a course of 95, an eas student may be able to get in with a uai of 90. However, they will take the 10 highest UAIS with eas applications, the 10th persons UAI being the minimum cutoff (works the same way as normal cutoffs really). If only 8 people have a uai over 90, only 8 people will be accepted, because they will only award a maximum of 5 bonus points, just the same as alot of universities say they will not accept anyone with a UAI below 65 for any course....

I hope that makes sense :/

boyboy

hi i have preferences set for Macquaire University and i was wondering can someone please give me a URL to the EAS cut-offs for Macquaire?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)