EAS estimate for combined law? And AAA question? (1 Viewer)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Does anyone know about how many bonus points I might be eligible for in combined law at UNSW with:

- Attendance at a disadvantaged rural school
- Long term medical disadvantage (multiple chronic illnesses, diagnosis and treatment process beginning at age 12)
- Distance education courses taken (three units)

I know that it's different for everyone but it's really hard to set a goal ATAR when you have no idea if you need a 94 or 99. Also, it seems pretty likely, due to the size of my school, that I will get the AAA scholarship. With this is a reduction of 3 points (iirc) on the cut-off ATAR. Does this nullify EAS points? Do EAS points nullify AAA reductions? Can you have them both simultaneously?

Thanks!

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
From what I've heard how EAS works, UAC assesses you on a scale of disadvantage. They then send this scale of data to the university that you've applied for and they'll accept EAS applicants via this scale. They'll first accept people who have the required cutoff and they'll move onto EAS applicants. They'll start accepting applicants from the highest disadvantage till they reach their full vacancies for combined Law at UNSW.

Medical/Family (death etc.) related disadvantages normally get you the highest scale there is.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
From what I've heard how EAS works, UAC assesses you on a scale of disadvantage. They then send this scale of data to the university that you've applied for and they'll accept EAS applicants via this scale. They'll first accept people who have the required cutoff and they'll move onto EAS applicants. They'll start accepting applicants from the highest disadvantage till they reach their full vacancies for combined Law at UNSW.

Medical/Family (death etc.) related disadvantages normally get you the highest scale there is.
Oh okay, thank you! Do you know what happens with AAA?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh okay, thank you! Do you know what happens with AAA?
Well if get AAA, you'd be automatically in if get the 96.65+ (i.e within 3 points) the scheme promises. So even if you have EAS you won't need it persay, but below 96.65 your EAS could assist in getting you into comm/law.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I'm pretty sure that EAS, AAA and Elite Athletes and Performers are allowed as bonus points for Law.

However, I think that you can only have a maximum of 5 bonus points for these (I'm not 100% sure though and it might be up to 10), and a maximum through HSC plus, giving a maximum of 10 bonus points. But law can not be admitted through HSC plus (there is no assumed knowledge so they don't give subject bonus points).

I actually think I had enough bonus points for law in the end through AAA and elite ath/preformers, but I'm not pursuing it so I can't really tell how it works out.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I have EAS under the SO1A scheme and will pursue law at UNSW if i get in. I'm not too fussed if i don't get in because commerce is my main desire but i want to give it a go. I could go to UTS/MACQ for law but i want to do comm at UNSW so that is my problem.

If i get 3 EAS points i'll make it to UNSW comm/law, i will let you know how everything works out when main round comes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)