EAS points (1 Viewer)

kevindebruyne

HSC
I'm hoping to do law at UNSW, however with my LAT score, my estimated atar is around is around 2-3 points short. I know UNSW gives max 10 points from EAS, and that they don't tell us how many extra points we get, but does anyone know around (estimate) how many extra points they usually give out?

Wouldn't it technically not be hard to figure out how many points someone has gotten from in the past? Eg. Someone gets 88 atar but gets into a 91 atar course, meaning that person would have gotten at least 3 extra points from EAS?

Also, I've heard that some uni's have a set amount of spots reserved for EAS students for each course. Eg. law, only some people will get extra points for the course while others will miss out, and not recieve any points at all for that course. Is that true?

specificagent1

HSC
Also, I've heard that some uni's have a set amount of spots reserved for EAS students for each course. Eg. law, only some people will get extra points for the course while others will miss out, and not recieve any points at all for that course. Is that true?
Um so this is only UTS as i am aware. They have a set amount of spots for EAS people set aside allowing them to get into any course as long as their atar is within 10 points of the lowest selection rank and they give offers out to the top how many eas applicants for that course
Wouldn't it technically not be hard to figure out how many points someone has gotten from in the past? Eg. Someone gets 88 atar but gets into a 91 atar course, meaning that person would have gotten at least 3 extra points from EAS?
It is more complicated because EAS points are dependent on what your disadvantage is and what course you are doing. Someone with a particular disadvantage may say get 6 points for engineering but only 2 for law. This is up to UNSW
I'm hoping to do law at UNSW, however with my LAT score, my estimated atar is around is around 2-3 points short. I know UNSW gives max 10 points from EAS, and that they don't tell us how many extra points we get, but does anyone know around (estimate) how many extra points they usually give out?
The only way to find out is to just try

dannyo1

HSC
I know UNSW gives max 10 points from EAS, and that they don't tell us how many extra points we get, but does anyone know around (estimate) how many extra points they usually give out?
The total number of adjustment points you can receive this year has been increased to 12 in response to COVID, though not sure if this includes HSC PLUS which is not applicable to law anyway.

Also, quoting from the UAC wesbite:
Neither your EAS eligibility letter nor UAC will specify how many points will be added to your selection rank. Some institutions provide details of their EAS equity adjustments on their websites.
And I do not believe that UNSW releases the data RE how many points they give.

I think this is bullshit. EAS students aren't reserved spots in courses - they merely have their selection rank adjusted to compensate for external hardship. UNSW does offer a gateway program for those who fulfill EAS criteria, but this merely provides an alternate pathway to university and does not preclude a reserved spot.

specificagent1

HSC
The total number of adjustment points you can receive this year has been increased to 12 in response to COVID, though not sure if this includes HSC PLUS which is not applicable to law anyway.
Law only takes EAS and EAS max is 10
And I do not believe that UNSW releases the data RE how many points they give.
yup
I think this is bullshit. EAS students aren't reserved spots in courses - they merely have their selection rank adjusted to compensate for external hardship. UNSW does offer a gateway program for those who fulfill EAS criteria, but these merely provide an alternate pathway to university and does not preclude a reserved spot.
Everything is correct here except for the fact that UTS does reserve spots for people within 10 atar of lsr which is basically same as 10 bonus points

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)